The Outpost: A night to (re)remember (Mostly angst, but some comfort)

//TW: anxiety, swearing (like two?), shouting, flashbacks//triggers//PTSD, descriptions of loud noise (fireworks/explosions/screaming), mentions of scarring//body and facial disfigurement, descriptions of pain, brief claustrophobia, thought spiral, brief mention of death/dying

First person POV: Tubbo

WORD COUNT: 1782

** The fanart is not mine, it was created by @artsyrobinn over on Tumblr! Go check them out, their work is amazing **

(Like I've said, when I say 'married' and 'husbands' for Tubbo and Ranboo I mean that platonically!)

I was feeling extra spiteful that afternoon, and decidedly forced Ranboo to tag along as we headed towards the Cookie Outpost. The last time I'd been there was three days ago, and things had started to get a little too busy for my liking.

"Are you sure I should be coming?" asked Ranboo timidly, as I led him by the hand on the trek to our hideout. "You said last time I complained too much. It's boring and I feel wrong doing it. They're entitled to do what they like over there. It is Quackity's country after all."

I grunted. "'Last time' was like two months ago. Nothing was happening then. This is different, ok? And- And I need you there to back me up on this. You married me, so you should have my back when I need it."

Ranboo grumbled and slumped along, his frame bent over to the point where I could almost feel his chin brush against my untamed hair and horns.

"Look, stop whining and stand up straight. I'm doing this for you. And for everyone else to keep them safe from people like him. I promise this is different. I can feel it! And we're almost there, so... I don't know, grab yourself some food from the chests, nap, read a book while you're waiting, whatever. I don't care."

Climbing the stairs was always a hassle, but by the time we got to the top, I let go of Ranboo's hand and beelined for the chair I left in front of one of the windows. I took out my looking glass and, with my good eye, stared at Las Nevada's spread out in front of the setting sun. I could hear Ranboo rummage through the chests for something to eat and keep him occupied, before gently sitting down in another chair he placed well away from me. Once he finished eating, he spoke up.

"Anything?" he asked, bored.

"Yes, actually, thanks for bothering to check."

"Wait, really? What?"

"Well, look for yourself." Ranboo stood up and walked over to me, placing a long, bony hand on my shoulder and holding the other one out so he could borrow the looking glass. He put it up to his face and I watched him adjust it until he saw what I had. His mouth opened a little.

"Oh. Wow. You might be right."

"Yeah, of course I am, Ranboo."

What he was looking at were a few crates of red explosives being carried out from the doors of the casino. Fundy, Purpled and even Foolish were his accomplices. Quackity's long, black hair swayed beneath his beanie as he walked back and forth, some way away from his workers, yelling orders. The words spoken? Lost due to distance. Some green, transparent man stood besides him, rocking on his heels happily with hands clasped behind him.

"This doesn't look good. It doesn't look good at all," Ranboo mumbled, thrusting the cylinder back into my arms and grabbing his head tight.

"I told you he was bad news," I seethed, going back to watching them.

"What do we do? What do we do? What do we do?"

"You can shut up right now. Just let me think, ok? We can't tell anyone, no one believes us. Hell, you even refused to believe me."