Escape and Turmoil -- Part 1 (PRISON BREAK AU) (KARLNAPITY AND DREAM) (ANGST)

//TW: panic, shouting, descriptions of loud noise, arguing, fire, brief mention of a body

******* This is going to be a longer mini-series instead of the single-oneshots or sequel ones I plan to do. This will have a few chapters and a more complex storyline//more characters too lol, so enjoy *******

THIS PART MAY BE SLOWER THAN THE REST: more of a set up of events

**PS: any spelling and grammar mistakes in 'comms' are intentional**

Third person POV: Sapnap's POV

WORD COUNT: 2304

Time had been cruel to the fiancés as of late. Quackity had become a slave to his work at the casino, whilst trapped in a cycle of torturing Dream. Karl was constantly locked in his library obsessively making notes. And as for Sapnap, he had been left to wander the SMP searching for his best friend George. Quackity and Karl received a message from a very lonely Sapnap the day before to meet up, which they hurriedly agreed to. They'd otherwise been too caught up in waiting for someone else to plan something on their behalf, unsure of what the other two had been up to. 

Their embrace had been a tight one, with no one wishing to let the others go. Once they did, they laughed with relief and laid down upon the grass in the flower field - holding each other's hands whilst staring up at the clouds. This turned into watching the sun fall beneath the horizon, soon switching to star gazing.

Just as the three realised fireflies were drifting into their line of sight - egging the others on to catch them in their hands - they heard the dreaded prison sirens blare throughout the land during Antfrost's shift.

Quackity immediately grew tense and Karl clung onto Sapnap, whose expression rapidly grew dark.

A few seconds later, Quackity seemed to spring to life - producing his netherite sword from his inventory.

"Quackity...!" Sapnap began apprehensively, over the piercing sound of the alarm. "What are you planning? You can't combat him!"

"Oh, you have no idea, Sapnap." Even though there wasn't much light around, Sapnap could make out a certain evil glint take over his fiance's good eye. "You have no idea."

"I don't care if you're feeling brave! I need you to take Karl home. This is between me and Dream, now. A long time ago I vowed to kill him if he ever left prison, and it seems like his time has come. This is not for you!"

Before Quackity could reply, Karl pressed himself further into Sapnap's chest. "It's so...painful..."

"What's wrong hunny?" He kissed the top of the shorter boy's fluffy head.

"The sound."

Sapnap tucked his arms under Karl's, and clamped his hands over his fiancé's ears for him: both to hug and protect him. (I hope this makes sense how they're standing).

Sapnap went to return his attention to his other fiancé, quickly noting there was no one there anymore.

"Quackity...? Quackity! Come back, he's too dangerous!"

Sapnap was torn: did he take Karl to safety, or save Quackity from danger?

Karl shivered within his arms. Picking him up, he recognised his decision had been made for him.

-----

"Where's Quackity?" Karl asked quietly, beneath his purple comforter on the lounge, once they returned home. The wailing from the prison was almost non-existent in Kinoko Kingdom.