Parent/Papa Puffy: ft Michelle and Foolish

**TW// None that I can think of apart from a touch of anxiety and sadness? Otherwise just a good old comfort family oneshot :'D

WORD COUNT: 2242

First person POV: Puffy POV

Michelle's vocabulary had come along relatively well lately, and as a reward, I decided to take her out somewhere fun. Only issue was, every place that came to mind had 101 safety issues for any normal teenager or adult from the SMP, let alone a Piglin toddler.

Stuck for answers, I set to work cleaning up her room while she played quietly with a stack of colourful wooden blocks Bad and Skeppy had given us. It was evident they had belonged to Sapnap when he was a child, as half the blocks were scorched. But who was I to pass off such a well meaning gift?

It was cute hearing her babble to herself as she played. I'd long ago stopped trying to figure out if it was in Piglin or poor attempts at speaking English.

As I dusted her dresser, I came across the two most treasured photos I left there for her, although mostly for my sake as she couldn't even reach to see them yet. The first was a selfie taken of Michelle and I out the front yard with snow gently falling down around us, and our Snowchester house as the backdrop. Both our mouths were wide open with smiles, and her blue snowman jumpsuit, earmuffs and handmade scarf were crumpled or wonky from our previous task of making snow angels.

The second, was an image Sapnap had offered to take well over a decade ago, with me sitting cross-legged on the grass at the front of the Badlands mansion with my two adopted sons on either side of me. Six-year-old Dream was captured twisting playfully in one of my arms with a dimpled and freckled grin plastered to his face, and eleven-year-old Foolish poked his tongue out at the camera with his golden arms in the air. We had been invited over for lunch that day and for the boys to hang out. I still remember the moment after it was taken, George bolted out of nowhere and tackled a very surprised Sapnap to the ground - my two unruly boys jumping up and rushing to play. I chuckled a bit thinking back on how much more I'd been concerned with making sure my camera hadn't been damaged, then with the kids. I always trusted them to keep each other safe.

But that was clearly misplaced faith, as now my little ducky, Dream, wasted away in prison, and it broke my heart. I couldn't even begin to pinpoint where I went wrong.

Foolish, however, was still around. As busy as ever. As a result, come to think of it, I didn't even remember a moment when he and Michelle had met. I reckon even the last time I'd seen him was before Michelle, while he was working on the Beloved's mansion. Wait, no, it was at the Red Banquet? During all the complications over at L'Sandburg?

Maybe I was a bad parent after all.

"Papa!" Michelle called, drawing me away from my mind. "'ook!"

I did in fact 'look', and I smiled fondly at the sight of three block towers - about four blocks high each.

"Well done my little Michelle!" I praised her, picking her up and spinning her around. She always let out a huge giggle whenever I did, and that sound never failed to make my day.

"Do you want to meet your big brother Foolish today?"

"oo'sh! 'oo'sh!" Michelle tried to say.

"That's right! 'Foolish'! He lives in a desert and it's got all kinds of pretty things to look at. We'll both make sure you stay safe, of course, but you'll love it! And it's very warm, like your old home."

She waved her hands in the air as a type of celebration and giggled again as I tickled her stomach.

"Ok, let's get you something to eat and some more suitable clothes then we can head off."