Haunted Mansion (Karlnapity)

^^^^^^^^^^Photo of the SMP location is included!! ^^^^^^^^^^

//TW:  horror//supernatural themes and anxiety? Just grouped that all together like that but not sure what to specifically call it otherwise - so if you have anything specific you think should be added here let me know!

First Person POV: Sapnap

WORD COUNT: 1493 

(takes place in the early fiancé days -- like late 2020 or early 2021 or something? Idk just around the time of Niki's birthday here I think) 

"Come on! Come on!" Karl cheered giddily as he tugged the hands of Quackity and myself through a spruce forest. "Sap: you're going to love it!"

I groaned before tripping for what felt like the hundredth time, with this dumb blindfold on. I was convinced both ankles had nearly had it by now and were one more stone away from breaking in two. "But what is it?"

"You'll seeeee," Quackity replied in a sing-song voice. "Oo! Karlos - it's just there! Ok Sapnap, we'll take the blindfold off now, ok?"

I nodded readily, as the white bandana was moved from around my eyes to once again hold back my long, raven hair. Now able to see again, I squinted at the blackstone structure, with its yellow-tinted window panes and crimson-plank floorboard peeking from the gaping entrance. A cold shiver ran through my body. "What the hell is that...?"

Giggling, both Karl and Quackity put on a spooky tone before saying, "A haunted mansion..."

"Excuse me?!" I squeaked, with a slight voice-crack.

"What? It'll be fun! Me and Karl and Niki, Sam and Eret made it, so it's hella safe. Oh, and HBomb kinda helped too."

Karl slapped Quackity and whisper-shouted, "You're not meant to tell him it's safe! It's meant to be spooky, Q."

"Sorry!"

"Ok, ok." I smiled and let out a sigh of relief at the knowledge this won't be a terrifying experience. "Let's head on in then, idiots, do your worst."

Mischievously, Karl clapped his hands and glanced at Quackity. "Oh we will. Woo! Let's do this."

A second cold shiver passed throughout my body as we crossed the threshold of the mansion. I was tempted to bring it up, but brushed it off as a draft or gust of wind from being in the cold, spruce terrain. Although, as I quickly checked behind me into the outside world, there was absolutely no sign of any wind - not even a breeze.

"Scared, Sappy?" Karl giggled, poking my shoulder.

"N-No!" Folding my arms tight across my chest, I did my best to be convincing.

Karl hummed, "Sure... Well anyway, our own tour starts now, so hold onto your hats as Q and I do our best to show you the best scares we got planted around here."

The two of them walked confidently up the front while I stepped apprehensively behind them, occasionally needing to speed up just so we wouldn't get separated. The floorboards creaked, and there was only a faint glow around the inside as if from the sun struggling to follow after us.

The three of us had now been to two of the 'least haunted' rooms - according to Quackity - and a certain calm had settled upon me at the discovery that nothing sinister lurked behind the doors, even though my fiances were doing their best to jumpscare me or fill my head with facts about gruesome murders I confidently knew never happened.