Bath-time! (The Underscore-Beloveds household) (Happy fic!)

TW// slight mention of injury otherwise no warnings!

Third-Person POV: No-one's//Tubbo's 

Word Count:  910

-----------------

Both Ranboo and Michael are non-binary in this and go by they/them pronouns :D Also Michael is like two or three years old.

-----------------

"Michael...!" Tubbo called out from the kitchen after dinner had been served, eaten, and the table packed up. "Michael, it's not play-time right now: it's bath-time!"

There were a faint combination of sad, dramatic 'aw'ing heard from upstairs at the news. Tubbo grinned as he wiped the last of the suds off his hands from washing the dishes, and headed on up to the attic to collect his partner and child.

"Michael!" he called again, the steps creaking a little before he lifted up the flap of the trap-door. Once his goat horns, raggedy hair, and face popped out from the floor, he caught sight of his Enderman partner, Ranboo, playing tea-party with Michael, Michael's chicken, and some other various stuffed animals. They all sat around a too-small set of ornate, wooden chairs and a table carved by Uncle Techno as a birthday gift a few months back.

Now surfaced from the ladder and standing upright upon the floorboards, Tubbo placed his hands on his hips in front of the two. "Now, you know bath-time is already more difficult than it needs to be when it comes to the both of you. So what have I said about rushing on up here to play as soon as dinner's finished?" the goat-hybrid asked humorously, tapping one of his hooved feet on the ground with no hint of a threat behind his words.

Michael paused and slowly brought their chicken plushie in front of their face, as if trying to hide behind it. "Uh..." they squeaked, trying to think of the words. "Is big no-no...?"

"Exactly!" Tubbo agreed. "And now, Ranboo, I want to hear what you have to say for encouraging our child to continue these antics..."

He stared pointedly at Ranboo whilst tilting his head. The Enderman did everything not to make eye contact with their husband, which was made a little easier by the fact his eyes were almost never visible to anyone anyway - permanently hidden under that mop of hair. "Uh- Th-That it's- it's uh... You know wh-what? What M- What Michael said, actually. Mmhm. What Michael said."

"But I want to hear you say it. Not our kid."

"Fineee. Playing before bath time 'is a big no-no'..."

"There we go! That wasn't so hard, was it?"

Michael slowly lowered their chicken, shaking their head, while Ranboo silently cheered at the notion they got the chance to stand up and stretch after sitting in such an awkward seating arrangement - finally back at their full height.

"I'll bring Michael down now," they said, scooping up and tickling their giggling and squealing Piglin child. "Would you be ok to grab their clothes?"

Tubbo's heart swelled at seeing them interact. He nodded as he watched the two of them head downstairs, making sure to be quick to collect all the necessary items as to not miss a single second more with them.

---------

"Aaaand into the bath you go!" Tubbo exclaimed, lifting up Michael before lowering them into the luke-warm water. Michael immediately began giggling and smacking at the mounds of white bubbles threatening to overflow the tub. A few stray bubbles detached themselves from the surface and wandered lazily around the room. Ranboo's eyes dilated a bit before a soft, focused purr could be heard - going into a daze as they tracked one bubble in particular. Once it began to float closer to their head, their ears flattened, body wriggled a little, and their hands shot out to catch it.

"Having fun there, big guy?" Tubbo laughed, watching as Ranboo regained their focus, shaking their head.

"Wh-What?"

"Just another bubble fiasco, bossman," their husband informed them, leaving Ranboo to nod a little before becoming entranced all over again by another hovering sphere.

"Boo's silly," Michael giggled. "More bubbles for Boo!"

At that, Michael moved their hands and splashed water out onto the floor. Whilst it may have succeeded at loosening up more bubbles, it also meant the warm liquid ended up flicking out and making contact with Ranboo's skin. They snapped out of their trance and instead began hissing in pain. Tubbo quickly grabbed a towel and wiped up their sizzling skin as best as he could.

"I'm sorry, bossman, are you ok?" an anxious Tubbo asked his partner. Ranboo's eyes were slightly glazed over, yet still blown out from before. He nodded, but didn't say anything. Tubbo then heard more hissing, except it wasn't from the Enderman.

"Hiss... Hiss..." Michael tried copying their parent. "Hiss... Like Boo! Hiss..."

Chuckling uncomfortably at the scene before him, Tubbo couldn't help but just accept what was going down. "Yeah, Michael, Boo does hiss like that. But please don't spray water on them, ok? We've spoken about this-"

"No-no! No-no! Big no-no!" Michael chanted, cutting off their father.

"Ah- Well, yes. It is -"

"NO-NO!"

Now Michael was stuck having fun whilst repeating the phrase. Tubbo sighed, going back to accessing his partner. "Ranboo? You with me, bud?"

Ranboo slowly moved their head until they assumed they were meeting at least the area where Tubbo's eyes would be. "Uh, yep! Never- Never better, Tubbo. Never bett-!"

Their mouth slowly opened as their pupils dilated once more. More bubbles. And more water about to come splashing his and Ranboo's way once Michael sees their reaction to it. Brilliant.

"Goddamnit..." Tubbo groaned, anticipating the events about to unfold. "DreamXD," he began to pray, cupping his tired head in his hands, "give me strength to survive in this household..."

*****————*****

Hi, hope no one minds this is a short one today. I wanted to do something soft and lighthearted and this was all that came to mind. Wishing everyone a good day/arvo/night. Take care <3