Escape and Turmoil -- Part 2 (PRISON BREAK AU) (KARLNAPITY AND DREAM) (ANGST)

//TW: dying/death, panic, blood, fire, shouting/arguing, descriptions of injuries, mentions/description of torture

I want to make it clear here that drawn out//indepth descriptions of death and blood will arise, yet I won't add a warning beforehand apart from this one so I don't disturb the flow of the story. So, approach with caution if this stuff concerns you.

Ok, getting into the thick of it now-

Third person POV: Sapnap's POV

WORD COUNT: 1816

Eyes widening and hands shaking, Sapnap made his way down the tower and rushed along the empty road, past the fountain, and towards the stage.

"Quackity! OH GOD DON'T LET IT BE YOU. Quackity!" He screamed, his already raspy voice growing hoarse. So much for 'stealth'. The closer he got, the easier it became to make out the size and form of his beloved. "Qua-!"

Something small flew past his head. Before he even blinked, a shadowy figure appeared, cutting off his trip abruptly by blocking the way to his lover with a glowing purple sword.

Sapnap tried dodging it, yet a hand gripped his upper arm and nearly dislocated his shoulder. A voice slithered into his ears: sounding like it had just risen from the grave.

"Ah, Sapnap. Sap my good-old, long-lost, bestest friend in the great, big, whole, wide world!"

Sapnap could only growl in response. "Get. Away. From. Us. Dream."

Surrounded by a thin layer of smoke, stood a cocky man. His familiar green attire had been switched for a tattered and burnt orange jumpsuit beneath glowing netherite armor, minus the helmet. As such, his once short, fluffy hair - which Sapnap used to envy - was now on show: revealing it to be long, thick and matted, with a few white streaks throughout his already sandy head. His tiny ram horns were now huge and curled around the sides, protruding from his hair. But his eyes... His eyes used to be so friendly and green, like staring out at fields of grass and flowers on a warm spring day. Now, Sapnap stared at the scarred face; twisted, fanged smile; and deep into the type of green eyes of a forest parents forbade children and adults alike from entering.

"Oh, come on, now," he scoffed, "that's no way to greet me. Whatever happened to hugs and 'long time, no see!' and 'wow Dream! I missed you! Let's go grab a bite to eat and just talk'."

"Dream, we lost that a long time ago. No, no, no. You lost that for us. Whatever happened to you, you got bloodthirsty and desperate for power. You're not my Dream anymore. Now let me pass so my husband-to-be doesn't die right in front of my very eyes."

"Oh, Sapnap..." His voice could have been soothing if not for the person it belonged to. "Not only am I hurt I didn't get an invite to the engagement party nor wedding - I see a congratulations is still in order, by the way - but I'm even more deeply offended seeing as you honestly thought I'd let you get back something that means so much to you? You were there, if I remember correctly, when I gave my great speech about having things connected to us- What was it...? Oh yes, certain emotional attachments that weigh us down? Make us...human?"

"Dream. I don't want to hear it again." He warned.

"Aha!" Dream cheered to an imaginary audience. "He does remember!"

Sensing Dream was distracted, Sapnap gave a sudden jolt and painfully ripped his arm free to get to his unconscious lover, yet his captor was ready. Dream flawlessly produced a netherite pickaxe in place of his sword and caught it in his friend's hoodie - yanking him back.