5

Warnings:
-None

Clay's POV

I rolled my eyes as I laid my pencil down, standing up when the bell rang and the teacher took our tests. Sapnap stood up too and looked at me. 'And?'

'What do you think, idiot? I completely messed that up, I don't think I have one answer right. All those letters were just moving in front of me because of the headache, man.'

'Pfft, sure. You're just dumb. Anyway, mine went pretty well.'

'I hope you failed it dramatically because you're being an absolute dick to brag about it to your friend who failed it,' I sighed as I turned away from him, walking out of the classroom.

'Do I lie then, asshole?'

'I didn't ask you how it went, so just shut your dumb mouth. Anyway, you're pissing me off so I'm going home now.'

'Do you want to hang out? I can ask Techno for some cocaine?'

'I'll come over tonight,' I answered. 'I'll be there at nine. When are you leaving for the holiday?'

'Tomorrow right after school and then to Sunday evening.'

'Right, can I stay at your place tonight? I probably won't be able to get home while I'm high and drunk,' I chuckled.

'Yeah, I'm not letting you go home either, you can't even walk when you're that wasted,' he laughed.

'You're just as wasted,' I scoffed.

'Not always, I wasn't yesterday. I just drink when I feel like it and when I want to have some fun. I don't know, I can easily go without it forever if I need to.'

I don't, I thought to myself. 'Alright, just get some shit and make sure your parents don't come upstairs.'

'Dude, they don't care about anything I do. I'll just lock the door and we won't see them.'

'Okay, I'm going home now. I'll take a nap, I feel so shitty,' I told him as we walked outside. 'I have to take the bus since I have my bike at home.'

'Alright man, see you tonight.'

'See you,' I answered him with a blunt voice, walking to the bus stop as I felt the pain in my ankle come up again. I really hoped I wouldn't get hurt even more today, but that was only my biggest wish, unfortunately not the truth.

I stepped in the bus when it arrived and slowly walked to the back of it as I saw George sitting next to his, I guessed, mother. His other arm was in a cast too now and he was resting his head against his mother's shoulder with his eyes closed.

I decided to stand still and looked at them. 'Is he alright?' I mumbled to his mother who smiled shortly.

'Are you in his class?'

'Yeah,' I nodded, looking at George again.

'They had to break his arm again under anaesthesia to make sure it would grow correctly. He's on morphine medication for the pain and he's asleep right now since he's exhausted after the anaesthesia. He'll need this cast for at least six weeks...'

I stared at George who was curled up in his mother's arms. I felt so bad for just letting this happen... I tried to stop it and I couldn't do much when Punz pushed him, but I should have stopped him before it escalated.

'I'm so sorry,' I whispered. 'It must be hell to go through that so often.'

'He broke around seventy to eighty bones so far in sixteen years and had fifteen surgeries with loads of medication he takes each day. It's definitely not easy, but I'm here to support him when he needs me.'

'Good...' I smiled shortly and then awkwardly turned around to sit down. I kept staring at George who moved and started to wake up. I heard him sob softly as his mother held him tightly.

'It's okay, Georgie,' she whispered. 'Do you have pain, sweetheart?'

George sobbed again and then nodded slowly.

'Honey, they gave you a lot of morphine already so I'm not allowed to give you anything strong. Take these, sweetie.' She kissed his forehead and handed him two painkillers.

George couldn't take them and sniffed loudly as his mother laid the pills on his tongue. 'There, sweetheart. I'm going to give you some water, drink it slowly.'

He did what she told him to and swallowed the pills as he pointed to his leg. 'Pain.'

'Does your leg hurts, Georgie?' she asked as he nodded. 'Did you fall on them? Or is it bone pain?'

'Bone pain,' he whispered. 'A lot. Can I sleep? Are we at home already?'

'Just a few more minutes. Then I'm laying you on the couch with your stuffed animal.'

'I can't even suck my thumb now,' he sobbed. 'My arm hurts too much.'

'Sweetheart, here. You can put your other thumb in your mouth! What do you want me to prepare for you at home? Do you like to have soup? You always like soup after anaesthesia.'

He nodded slowly. 'A little bit.'

'Okay, sweetie. Did you take your testosterone pills this morning?'

'Yes,' he whispered, trying to sit up more. 'They don't work yet... I wish I would have a lower voice already so people stop bullying me for at least something.'

I stared at my hands. I bullied him for his voice... I didn't know he was this insecure about it. I breathed out and noticed it was almost my bus stop. I listened to George's and his mother's conversation and then stood up slowly when the bus slowed down.

George looked up and seemed to be startled when he saw me, letting go of his mother. I looked him into his eyes for a split second and smiled faintly. 'Get well soon,' I mumbled. 'I hope you feel better quickly.'

'T-thanks,' he whispered, looking away immediately.

I stepped out of the bus and breathed out, feeling more anxious when I realised I had to go home now. I really didn't want to go home, but I knew they would get mad if I stayed away again.

I grabbed my water bottle and drank some of it, trying to hide how shit I felt since they had no idea I used drugs. They knew I smoked and drank alcohol, but they didn't care about that. Drugs, that would be a whole different story.

I saw my house coming closer and stood still to prepare myself to go to the worst place on earth.

1074 words