24

Extra update at 9!

Warnings:
-Mentions homophobia

Clay's POV

~ A Week Later ~

Eating a sandwich never took longer than it did now, but that wasn't too weird after just waking up from a coma. Last week I had been working really hard on my speech and movements. I could talk decently again, but I hadn't gotten out of bed yet.

Not only because I didn't have enough strength to stand, but also because I was attached to a lot of machines. Since my kidneys didn't work anymore, I lived with a dialysis that filtered the wastes and extra fluids away from my body instead of my kidneys. I really needed a donor and Sapnap was currently in that process.

Sapnap's parents were apparently really mad at him for using drugs, but I understood from George that it was going alright between them now. Sapnap got permission from his parents to donate a kidney since he was underaged, but he really wanted to do this.

The results came back yesterday and we were a good match. His kidneys also worked really well even though he used drugs and alcohol for a while. Tomorrow would be the day that Sapnap was getting surgery to donate his kidney and then I would get it really soon.

Since I was really young, I was already on a list for maybe a new kidney in the future, but we weren't that far at all yet. I could live for sure until I was thirty with potentially Sapnap's kidney.

~ The Next Day ~

My mother was riding me in a wheelchair to Sapnap's room while an uncomfortable tension was pretty noticeable between us. My parents visited me more often, but I knew they disapproved of me being gay. They just didn't bring it up which caused it to be tense and quiet most of the time. I wasn't ready to forgive them either.

My mother rode me to his room and left us alone as Sapnap smiled, sitting on his bed. 'I don't think I've ever been more excited for a hospital visit, dude,' he grinned. 'I'm going to save your life and it makes me so happy.'

I smiled at him and laid my hand on his bed. My whole hand was in a cast now since they found out I broke three fingers and they put tiny stickers on my nose since I broke that too, but it didn't hurt anymore.

'How are you?' Sapnap asked as I rested my head on his bed.

'I'm exhausted,' I whispered. 'I haven't been out of bed before, but I really wanted to go to you.'

He ruffled my hair up and smiled. 'I love you, man. I'm so excited.'

I chuckled and breathed out. 'Do you ever still think about drugs and alcohol? Or cigarettes? I can't stop thinking about them...'

'That's because you're addicted, but I'm so proud of you for being clean for a week? Two weeks, maybe,' he answered, grabbing my hand softly.

'I want to quit, but it has been hard,' I sighed. 'And your rehab?'

'It has been pretty easy to be honest, but I'm really motivated to stop so I can help you. I had the hardest time quitting smoking because I was really shaky and sweaty for a few days.'

'I've constantly felt like that's ever since I woke up,' I mumbled. 'I don't want to ask for help anymore, I feel like I'm just being dumb that I still want drugs even though I ruined my kidneys.'

'Come here,' Sapnap smiled as he stood up and lifted me up very carefully. He made me sit down on his bed and laid me down, pulling me closer to me.

I struggled against it for a bit and looked away with an uncomfortable face. 'I don't think you- I-.'

'Yeah, you're gay and I'm your straight best friend who wants to cuddle with you,' he chuckled, letting me rest my head on his chest. 'I love you.'

'Is it like- actually not a problem that I'm gay?' I whispered. 'Because I remember that-.'

'I've changed. I talked to people about this, I read for hours and this is not your choice. Even if it was, it's okay. I don't have anything to do with your sexuality and because you're gay doesn't mean that you're in love with every single guy. If you would be in love with me, that would be pretty epic because then guys like me too apparently.'

I giggled softly. 'You're an amazing guy. I love you too, Sap. I'm not in love with you, but I do have to say that you're a really handsome guy in my gay eyes.'

He rolled his eyes. 'So disappointing,' he joked. 'Anyway... I saw your pictures that you posted on your second account. The one with the nail polish.'

'Oh- uh... well, I guess I-.'

'Do you like nail polish?'

'When I'm alone I used to paint them because it makes me feel secure and happy with myself. I don't like any other type of makeup, though. Just nail polish.'

'When we both get out of the hospital, I'm going to paint your nails,' he smiled.

'And the cast?'

He grabbed my hand gently and smiled as he pointed to my nails that just stuck out above the cast. 'There they are. I just feel so sorry that you had to wear a mask for so long because you were scared of people's reply.'

'Guess I'm used to acting straight,' I grinned with an exaggerated voice, lifting my hand up to put it down by moving my wrist. 'Oh my gosh, yas queen. Go girl.'

'And I didn't know you were gay,' he chuckled.

'I'm so gay, girl. Just let me paint my nails,' I wheezed with the "gayest" voice I could have used. 'Yeah... no, that's not how I talk when I'm not acting straight.'

Sapnap laughed and rested his chin on my head as he kept giggling.

'You're such an idiot. My best friend, though. Oh, might I add, my gay best friend,' Sapnap joked as he loosened his grip on my shoulders.

I looked up at him and smiled shortly. 'Thank you for changing all your opinions just for me, it means a lot.'

'I was just really wrong,' he answered. 'And when you were in a coma, I realised how much I cared about you and that I can't live without you because my life will just collapse.'

I smiled and was about to answer as the doctor walked in. 'Sapnap, it's time for the surgery.'

He giggled from happiness and gave me another tight hug.

'Good luck, dude. I'm waiting for you when you're awake again. I love you.'

'I love you too,' he replied. 'See you, I can't wait to help you.'

1131 words