16

Warnings:
-Mentions death family member
-Mentions usage drugs/alcohol
-Mentions torture (details)

Clay's POV

I was so done with anything that I went outside with tears rolling down my face. I was never going to go back to school but definitely not home. I was almost sure she told my parents too.

I sniffed loudly as I fell down on the floor, hiding my face behind my knees. Tears streamed down my face and my breath hitched as I felt my chest getting awfully tight.

I sat like this for minutes until I heard footsteps come up to me. I hid my face even more in case it was Sapnap or anyone like that, but then I felt someone sit down next to me. The person sniffed softly and I looked up to see George with tears rolling down his face.

'What's wrong?' I whispered as I wiped my tears away.

'Nothing much, they kicked me and I think I broke my leg. It's fine, I'm really worried about you. I know you haven't told anyone that you're gay and it's so terrible to be outed. I really wish I could make you feel safe.'

'I'm never going back to class anymore... Please, don't worry about me. I need you to be okay now and if you broke your leg, you need to go to the hospital.'

'I'm fine, but Clay?' he mumbled as he ignored the previous statement I made. I nodded slowly and he looked at me. 'Are you... addicted?'

I looked at my hands. 'Is it that obvious? Sapnap doesn't see it and I don't want to see it but I can't stop and I can't live without all the shit...'

'What do you use?'

'A lot,' I mumbled. 'Cigarettes, alcohol, heroin, cocaine, ecstasy and I took some pain relieving shit for my ankle. Dang, that sounds so bad if I list them all.'

'How often?' George asked carefully, sitting next to me as I saw him hold his leg very still. He was obviously in pain, trying to hide it.

'Every day, I guess. I smoke around six cigarettes a day at least and uh- I drink every day, at least a bottle of beer but mostly more and then I've used ecstasy and cocaine every day so far. For months now... but I have to escape and it started as doing it for fun, but it got way more serious to me than to Sapnap.'

George didn't interrupt me as I finally vented about my feelings while he held me gently.

'Every since my stepsister figured out that I'm gay, my life hasn't been the same anymore. She literally tortures me and that might sound like an exaggeration, but she genuinely does.'

'What does she do?' George whispered, wincing softly as he moved his leg.

'You're hurt,' I mumbled. 'You need to go to the hospital instead of listening to me.'

'I already called my mother, I have to wait anyway. You can talk to me while I wait.'

I nodded slowly and held up my finger. 'She broke it... and I thought she was kidding, but she wasn't kidding at all. Firstly she broke my foot, she jumped on it with shoes and then pushed me down so I twisted it, literally jumping on it with those high heels, but they weren't that high. I don't even know how to explain.'

'It's okay, I understand what you mean,' George replied as he rested his head on my shoulder since he was too tiny to put his arm around my shoulders.

'Last time she came to me was actual torture. She got mad at me for telling Sapnap that I had pain and when I came home with a cast, she went crazy. She-,' I started as I lifted my sleeve up. 'She burnt my arm and then she broke my finger... and it hurt so much.'

George's eyes got bigger as he grabbed my arm. 'I'm so sorry, did she actually break your finger? How?'

'I can feel the pain again, please I don't want to talk about it in detail. I'm sorry.'

'I understand,' he nodded as he looked at my finger that was deformed. 'You do need to go to the hospital for that.'

I shrugged. 'Anyway, after that she uh- I'm going to sound like a pussy, but well... I have a bad fear of the dark and I have claustrophobia. She turned off the lights after undressing me because she knows I'm uncomfortable with my body. Then she tied me to my bed while playing horror songs and sounds and constantly walked around while pinching my skin.'

George didn't answer and he was staring in front of him. 'You can go to the police for this,' he mumbled. 'She can go to jail because this is literally torture.'

'I once told my stepdad and my mother what she did and they all laughed at me... I really miss my dad,' I whispered. 'He was my best friend and then he... died in the army. I thought that grieving for six years would make me forget...'

'I'm so sorry, Clay. I genuinely am, that's terrible. It's not the same, but I lost my grandma and she helped my parents raise me since they sometimes got hopeless when I always broke things and constantly had casts. I understand the pain of loss.'

I smiled at him and then wrapped my arm around his shoulders. 'Thank you for supporting me and letting me talk even though I know you're dying from the pain in your leg.'

'It's okay, I'm used to it. I break bones all the time and it's normal to me now. It's just as normal as a bruise,' he laughed quietly. 'It hurts, though.'

'How quickly do you break things?' I asked.

'I sometimes break bones without doing anything. I was walking a while back and broke my leg without doing anything weird. If someone touches me I can break something, but I break something for sure if I get pushed or kicked.'

'Can I break your shoulders like this?' I questioned with a terrified look.

He shook his head. 'Shoulders are decently strong. I break long bones more easily like arm bones, leg bones, fingers and such. I broke my arms about twenty times, my legs around twenty to thirty times and eight different fingers. Then a lot of ribs, my shoulders, my hip, my spine fractured and I have scoliosis too.'

'That must be so painful, I can't even imagine,' I whispered. 'I wish I could help you and take away the disease.'

'At least my voice is dropping!' he happily yelled. 'I've been so jealous of you.'

'Of me?' I asked.

He nodded. 'You were going through puberty at your eleventh already and then you have me,' he giggled.

'I was pretty early which was also annoying,' I answered. 'I'm just happy for you, because I can imagine it's difficult to have these problems. I'm so sorry for bullying you with them.'

'It's fine,' he smiled. 'I'm already happy that you're trusting me.'

'You're really kind. I think your mom is there.'

George nodded and then lifted himself up. 'Stay safe, please.'

'Yeah,' I mumbled, crossing my fingers behind my back.

1197 words