𝖝𝖛𝖎. three mortal curses

chapter sixteen

chapter sixteen.
( three mortal curses )

              THERE WASN'T ANY WORDS TO DESCRIBE THE AGONY SHE WAS experiencing

              THERE WASN'T ANY WORDS TO DESCRIBE THE AGONY SHE WAS experiencing. It was excruciating, having to slice pieces of fabric from the roll of bandages, and tentatively wrap it around her burning hands.

              It was four in the morning when Ascella had been awoken by a searing sensation occurring, and when she looked down, flashes of burns and blisters were erupting on her skin, her fingers trembling as she forced the terror-ridden sobs back down her throat. Sneaking into the bathroom, Ascella couldn't stand to look at her appearance, a gaunt expression on her face as the mauve circles beneath her stormy eyes darken as the days slowly pass.

              Ascella wasn't entirely sure if she was going mad or not. She liked to joke, how she eventually would turn out as nutty as the rest of her family, obnoxious laughter shared with Ron at the prospect. Now, Ascella wasn't so sure.

              Shining and burning hands? Sounds like the recipe for disaster to me.

              She forced herself to go back to sleep, tracks of tears evident on her ivory skin, the moonlight glistening through the curtains. When Ascella's eyes fluttered open once more, she found that it was morning, and her dorm was isolated, not a fleeting soul in sight. She appreciated the silence, and was even more grateful of the small note Hermione left on her bedside table.

gone down to breakfast already. looked like you need your sleep, so I let you rest. I'll save you some breakfast

mione <3

              Ascella smiled despite her low mood, and a mere half hour later, she slid onto the bench beside Hermione, mumbling a gratitude thank you at the warm breakfast she had saved for her.