four

╮welcome to the team╰

"i can't believe we have a sponsor!" sloane laughed softly as connie dragged her into hans's shop. she glanced around the shop as she followed the line of teammates and briefly smiled at hans when he caught her eye.

"me either! and from a fancy law firm too!" connie said, pulling her toward a small rack of jerseys as the team split off to look around the store.

"wonder what colors our jerseys we'll be," sloane mentioned as she pushed the jerseys back by color to see the next set.

"nothing ugly i hope," connie said, scrunching her nose as she examined a jersey before half hazardously shoving it back on the rack.

"careful! i'm the one that has to fix that!" sloane said and jokingly hit connie's arm. she grabbed the hanger to pull it from the rack, fixed the jersey, and carefully placed it in its spot.

sloane watched goldberg struggle to pull a pair of goalie pads up his legs. she snickered loudly when he slipped and fell backward. she approached him and attempted to hide her laughter as he continued to struggle pulling up the leg pads. she bit at her bottom lip when he briefly glared at her and returned to his struggle.

"do you need help?" sloane asked him. she grabbed at the rack next to her as she doubled over in laughter after watching goldberg fall to his back.

"shut up, sloane. get away from me," he said, swatting at her with one hand as he used the other to push himself into a sitting position. she stumbled away, laughing loudly as she did so.

sloane and charlie slowly looked at each stick on the rack as they moved down it. charlie stopped at the middle of the display and pulled out a stick with black tape wrapped around the handle. two more sticks fell out with it, causing the rest of the hockey sticks to fall to the ground. sloane jumped away from them, holding her hands out to salvage what she could of the display.

"sorry, sorry, sorry," charlie apologized as he lurched forward to catch what he could of the sticks and crouched until he'd hit the floor. he quickly stood up, crossed his arms, and glanced around the store.

"um," sloane hummed and turned in a small circle as she distractedly pulled at the ends of her denim jacket. she sighed through her nose, shrugged one shoulder nonchalantly, and squatted down to pick up the hockey sticks.