nine

╮ducks reuniting╰

╮ducks reuniting╰

sloane shifted the two styrofoam cups she was holding into the crease of her left elbow so she could open the back door of hans shop. she slipped in and grabbed one of the cups from her elbow while rolling her arm backward to grab the cup that remained in the crease of her arm. she shifted the plastic bag further up on her arm as she quietly shut the door with her foot. she walked quietly passed bombay, stopped at the french doors and gently kicked until she got charlie's attention. she sighed in relief when he pulled off his clear, protective glasses, opened the doors, and held out his hands to take the two cups.

"this one's yours," she said and shook the one she was referring to.

"thanks," he said, taking a sip while setting the other down. she grabbed the bag off her arm and turned around to close the french doors.

"the crowd at mickey's was absolutely ridiculous this morning," she explained as she moved across the room. she removed the to-go boxes from the bag, sat them in the small fridge beside the cabinets, and dropped the plastic bag holding them into a small trash can. "i thought people slept in on saturday's but i had to wait almost an hour before i could even place our order," she said, leaning her hands against the counters.

"so that's why you were late this morning," he commented as he retrieved his pair of glasses and placed him on top of his head.

"yeah. i had to give myself my morning insulin shot in the middle of mickey's! everybody stared," she complained, pulling an empty cart to charlie. "what lace color?" she asked while moving the sharpened skates on the top level of the cart beside him to put them in the cart beside her.

"black," he said as he switched the skate sharpening machine back on. she nodded, pulled open the drawer of laces and grabbed enough laces for each pair of skates. she picked up a skated, pushed the end of the laces through the bottom and smoothly laced the skate. she startled when charlie quickly and roughly slid a skate through the sharpener causing a loud buzz to sound through the shop. she quickly turned around to see a worried looking charlie.

"it's fine, it's fine," she said before letting her gaze move toward the french doors. she watched bombay jerk awake, slightly sitting up while his blanket fell down his chest. "bombay's up," she said, nodding in his direction. charlie turned toward the doors and quickly moved toward them.

"sorry, did i wake you?" charlie asked while pushing the french doors open.

"hey, guys," bombay responded groggily, pushing the blanket off of him while fully sitting up.