eleven

╮love to get to know ya╰

sloane sighed as she let herself be tugged from side to side by her tied-together teammates. she looked over her shoulder at fulton as she blew her stray hairs from her face. she leaned to her left and pushed against dean's arm until she was out from between him and fulton. she adjusted her blue, mesh jersey, and looked over her shoulder when charlie caught her arm. she shoved her hair out of her face and licked at her chapped lip. she closed her eyes when she felt the beginnings of a headache and let her head fall forward slightly.

"this is more crowded than a truckload of goats," dwayne said while leaning as far to the side as she could.

"somebody better watch their hands," julie announced annoyedly while staring across the ice at the boards across from her.

"or i'll make you," sloane said, opening her eyes to tiredly glance Julie's direction.

"averman," connie complained while rolling her eyes as she pulled away from him.

"yeah, someone licked me!" averman groaned and yanked off his glove to wipe at his neck.

"this is so not cool," sloane said, closing her eyes again while letting her head fall against fulton's shoulder.

"oh, i smell somethin'," guy said, making everyone pause to smell through their noses.

"goldberg!" they chorused and sloane opened her eyes and lifted her head to glare at the goalie.

"it wasn't me," goldberg defended, tiredly.

"no," dean said and pulled his hands from his sides to lift them in the air, "it was me!"

"thank you!" goldberg sighed while the rest of the team complained loudly.

"god, my head hurts," sloane said, rubbing at her forehead. she cut her eyes at Bombay when he blew his whistle and glared at him as he slowly began to move.

"i don't know how to make this any clearer," bombay started as he rounded his tied-together players. "you are a team. and to win this thing, you have to work as one. now as one, skate."

sloane took a deep breath and began pulling to the left while the rest of the team leaned to the right. she gasped when she lost her footing and fell to the right, grunting as the breath was knocked out of her. she shifted uncomfortably as she glared at bombay for a moment before sighing heavily and relaxing completely.