seven

╮cake-eater╰

╮cake-eater╰

"so," sloane started, reaching behind her to tighten her shoulder pads, "if banks shows up where do you think he'll play?"

"forward probably," guy answered while pulling his jersey over his head.

"so you, me, or jesse will be sitting the bench. nice," she said and reached around charlie with her hand raised for a high-five.

"you and jesse both can fall back into playing defensive positions though," guy said as he pushed her raised hand.

"and you can move between forward and wings," she replied with a small nod.

"true," guy replied and tipped his head to the left.

"sorry, charlie, but it looks like your hockey career is coming to a screeching halt if adam decides to show his face today," she said and sympathetically placed a hand on his shoulder as she attempted to not laugh.

"shut up, no it's not," charlie said, slight panic rising in his voice as he swatted her hand away. he flushed red as guy and sloane snickered at him and sharply crossed his arms across his chest.

sloane glanced over as fulton sat on the short stool beside her to pull on his skates. she crossed her ankles and began to twist her two braids, spinning them into a small bun at the nape of her neck. she let her eyes slowly cross the locker room, smiling softly as she watched her teammates interact while wrapping a hair tie around the small bun.

her smile slowly fell as the locker room door opened and adam banks entered with his hockey stick in his left hand and his bag on his right shoulder. the locker room fell silent as adam stopped in front of the team and everyone turned to look at him. sloane briefly watched fulton rise to his feet and offered adam a small smile when she moved her attention back to him. her eyes flitted to the door as bombay quickly pushed it open and entered the locker room.

"hey, wasn't sure if you'd show up," bombay told adam as he stopped beside him to pat his shoulder.

"yeah, whatever. i just want to play hockey," adam quietly answered, shifting uncomfortably.

"good," bombay said and turned his attention to his team as he placed his hand on adam's shoulder blade. "ducks, you all know adam banks," he introduced, gently pushing him toward the team.