five

╮the mighty ducks╰

╮the mighty ducks╰

"if these jerseys are ugly, i might quit," sloane told fulton as she slipped her right arm around the one he had resting against the wall. she crossed her legs and pressed her shoulders against the wall as fulton moved his hockey stick to the middle of his chest.

"no, you wouldn't," he said, narrowing his eyes slightly.

"yeah, you're right. i wouldn't. i'd just suffer in an ugly jersey," she said, letting her head fall back against the wall while tucking her left hand in the back pocket of her jeans.

"the ducks? we're the ducks?" jesse scoffed with his lip curled. sloane turned her head and her mouth dropped open slightly at the green jersey with a duck patched ironed on the middle. she cut her eyes at connie and guy as her upper lip curled and she scoffed softly in disbelief.

"man, what brain-dead jerk came up with that name?" peter asked as he quickly ran his eyes up and down the jersey.

"as a matter of fact, i did," bombay answered as he folded the jersey and gripped it in both hands. "i didn't have a choice. we're being sponsored."

"by who? donald and daisy?" averman asked and laughed along with the rest of the team.

"hey, you don't want to be ducks? you'd rather be district five, some stupid number?" bombay asked as he looked over at him. sloane glanced at fulton as he moved slightly to wrap both hands around his hockey stick and rest his chin on the top of the handle.

"better than some stupid animal," peter scoffed with and the left side of his mouth quirked. sloane quietly 'ooh'd along with her teammates as she pressed the toe of her shoe to the tile floor. she snickered quietly, crossed her ankles, and dropped her gaze as bombay began to move toward him.

"i'll have you know, peter, that the duck is one of the most noble, agile, and intelligent creatures of the animal kingdom," bombay explained as he stopped walking.

"but they're wimpy," connie commented as she tilted her head to one side.

"ducks are dumb," sloane added, pulling her arm from fulton's to cross her arms loosely across her chest.

"they don't even have teeth," guy mentioned as his head fell into a small tilt.

"neither do hockey players," bombay said and began slowly walking around the locker room as he continued. "have you guys ever seen a flock of ducks flying in perfect formation? it's beautiful! pretty awesome how they all stick together. ducks never say die. ever seen a duck fight? no way! why? because the other animals are afraid. they know if they mess with one duck, they gotta deal with the whole flock."