sixteen

╮iceland jerks╰

╮iceland jerks╰

"Do you know where Bombay's office is? I've never been before," Charlie said as he and Sloane led Russ through the halls of the office section of the Memorial Colosseum.

"I think I do. I came once on the first day and haven't been back since," Sloane said, quickly reading the labels screwed into the wall above each doorframe.

"Guess we'll see how good your memory really is," Charlie joked as they slid into a light jog.

"I have an excellent memory, thank you," Sloane said and glanced over her shoulder at him. "I'm offended you'd suggest otherwise."

"You guys really think your coach will let me be on the team?" Russ asked as he followed closely behind Charlie and Sloane.

"We've got the open roster spot with Adam out with a sprained wrist. After he sees your knuckle puck, there's no way he won't let you on," Charlie said, following Sloane as she slipped through one of the many doors lining the hall.

"Oh, yeah, you're gonna be on the team, no doubt," Sloane said while glancing into the windows of the small offices in the larger rooms.

"There's his office," Charlie said, pointing into the small window of Bombay's office.

"Stay here for a minute," Sloane told Russ before she and Charlie turned toward Bombay's office door.

"Coach!" Charlie said as he and Sloane ran through the open door of Bombay's office. They stopped in front of Bombay's desk and Sloane briefly glanced back at the door they left open. "Coach, we know with Banks out, we got a roster spot open."

"Yeah?" Bombay said as he nodded slightly at them.

"Me and Charlie got to thinking about how we have an open roster spot and have come up with the most awesome idea," Sloane said, tucking her elbows to her side with her hands and forearms extended outward.

"You know how I always told you I'd make a better coach than a player?" Charlie asked and leaned his hands against the front of the desk. Bombay nodded at him as Sloane slowly walked back toward the door. "I did some scouting for us."

"Come on in," Sloane said, waving Russ toward her. She smiled at him as he entered the office with his hockey stick clutched in one hand and his skates hanging over his shoulder.