1

PRESENT DAYBATON ROUGE, LOUSIANA

PRESENT DAY
BATON ROUGE, LOUSIANA

Kaizier clutched the flowers in his sweaty palms

Kaizier clutched the flowers in his sweaty palms. Why he was sweating? He didn't know. This was nothing new, but everytime he came into her room, it seemed like it was new and heartbreaking all over again.

He knocked on the hospital door before walking in, smiling at his grandmother who was watching the Wendy Williams show, chewing on her gums loudly.

"Wendy fix ya wig first, big ankle bitch." Alice muttered, she turned her head to see her grandson.

"Wassam pretty lady," Kaizier greeted, setting the flowers down as he made his way towards her. In the back of his mind, he prayed she recognized him.

She stared at him for a moment before her wrinkly face fell into a smile. "Grandma's baby! How you doin', suga."

Kaizier let out abreath he didn't know he was holding as he walked into her open arms, embracing her scent. Although she was in the hospital, she always smelt like home. Warm and inviting. He could smell a little bit of Icy Hot as well, but he could look past all that.

"You feelin' ight?" He asked, pulling back. He glanced at her bald head before bending down and placing a kiss on top.

"Move boy," She swatted him away, "Kissin on me. Ion know what lil fast ass hoes you been kissing on."

Kaizier waved her off, sitting down in the chiar. "You know Ian got no time fa dem hoes, malmal. You my only lady."

"Das depressin." She muttered, glancing at the TV before looking at his hands that were red.

His knuckles were swollen and bruised and his hands had cuts all over them.

"You more hardheaded den a cat wearing a construction hat." Alice hissed, "What I tell you bout dat fighting, Kaizier?"

Kaizier frowned. "Ion start wit dem niggas less dey start wit me, mane. And dey always startin' wimme, so I finish it off fa dey puss ass."

He was telling the truth, atleast, a little bit. He hadn't been getting into random altercations. Kaizier was a street fighter, and he made a whole lot of money doing it.