29

FATTZ RESTAUARNT - SAME DAYBATON ROUGE, LOUSIANNA

BATON ROUGE, LOUSIANNA

Kaizier dipped his chicken tender into the honey mustard before taking a bite, chewing his food

Kaizier dipped his chicken tender into the honey mustard before taking a bite, chewing his food. He washed it down with the sweet tea in front of him before looking to see Alyssa, who was scrolling on her phone, chewing on her food.

She's so pretty, Kaizier thought, staring at her over the rim of his glass. Have my fuckin' baby right now or I'll hold my breath and die.

"Baby, you okay?"

Her voice had snapped him from out of his thoughts. He looked up at Alyssa who was staring at him with amusement on her face, her head tilted to the left.

No I ain't okay. I wanna die without my grandma, he thought, looking down at his food. "I'm aight, princess. How's yo food?" He mumbled.

"It's good." Alyssa smiled softly, "But, you aren't telling me the truth. We're in this together, Kai. I understand-"

"You'on understand shit." Kaizier gritted his teeth. "So stop sayin' dat shit. We not in dis together, yeen never lost nobody so just shut the fuck and eat yo food mane."

The table fell into silence as Kaizier just resumed eating. Alyssa had paused her chewing, trying to calm herself down and remind herself that he was hurting and was going through the many stages of grief.

"Kaizier-"

"Stop talkin' ta me." He slammed his hand on the table, looking up at her.

Alyssa scrunched her face up, putting her food down slowly. "I understand you hurting and shit, but don't take this out on me."

"Mane," Kaizier got up from the table, his eyes watering as he began to walk away. Alyssa stared at the back of his head as he walked out of the restaurant and towards the car. She could see him out the window as he slammed her car door closed before laying his head on the steering wheel.

She sighed when she saw his shoulders harshly moving up and down. She bit her lip, sighing as she watched him beat on the steering wheel over and over again.