32

THE NEXT MORNING 9:15 AMBATON ROUGE, LOUSIANA

BATON ROUGE, LOUSIANA

Alyssa softly locked the door, dropping her back and making her way to the kitchen table

Alyssa softly locked the door, dropping her back and making her way to the kitchen table. She flipped through the many bills and mail before just sitting them back in the bowl.

"Kai! I'm home!" She screamed, dropping her keys into the bowl. Figuring he hadn't eaten yet, she decided she would go upstairs and greet him before making breakfast. Then, she would spill the news in the middle of breakfasts.

She walked into the room to see Kaizier sleeping peacefully, eyes closed and his chest moving up and down. Alyssa smiled to herself, making her way on the bed. She laid down on top of him, kissing the back of his neck and then the back of his ear.

"Wake uppp," Alyssa whined into his ear, "I missed you and I don't wanna fight, okay? I love you, Kaizier. More than you even think, and I just wanna put that stuff past us."

Kaizier groaned softly, eyes squinting as he looked around. The smell of vanilla filled his nostrils and he turned his head, frowning at Alyssa's face. He felt guilty.

He quickly covered it up, rolling over onto his back and wrapping his arms around Alyssa's waist. She tucked her head into his neck and he squeezed his eyes shut, knowing this could possibly be the last time they were this close for a while.

"I'm sorry, mami." He whispered, "I shoulda neva let dat bitch get nowhere close ta me. Say, that shit was deadass wrong, and I understand why you was mad. Shit, if you still is, das cool too. I get it."

Alyssa pulled back, connecting their eyes. She pecked his lips, smiling softly. "I'm not mad anymore. No more hugging and shit, but if you guys want to talk and be friends, I'm okay with that. I understand I really can't relate to what you're going through and she can, and I want you to be able to talk to someone."

fuck no, Kaizier thought. He shook his head, "Nah, I'm good. I only need you. You looked pretty yesterday, guh. I luh yo closet."

"Thank you, big daddy." She playfully flipped her hair behind her shoulder, "You know the vibes. Big Latto."