4

a/n: i know there's a jungle that basically makes up the village but let's just pretend that there's one main one. If you don't want to do that then just pretend that she walked into the largest jungle out of all of them.

I walked down the path. It was the afternoon so everything was warm and bright. I was still in my blue dress, it had a few grass stains from sleeping outside last night. Memories of last night came flooding back, my dad, Camilo standing up for me, sleeping outside. My face started to heat up and a smile crept onto my face. I continued walking, smiling and saying hello to everyone I saw. Finally after about an hour of walking I came to a stream. The water was crystal clear and little orange fish were swimming in it. I put my hand in the stream to feel the cold water. I smiled. I felt so at peace. I decided to walk up the stream. It led me into the jungle and up a hill. By now I couldn't even see the village. Sometime after that I found a path and thought it led back to the village. I followed it but it led me nowhere. It started getting dark and I was freaking out. I had no idea where the village was. I thought I was going to die out here. An hour after walking it was completely dark. I had no food, light or shelter. Warm salty tears began to roll down my face. How could i have been so stupid? I screamed loudly in frustration hoping someone could hear me. I went quiet and continued walking. I had no idea what kind of animals would be lurking or what kind of strangers would try and kill me. I decided to be quiet from then on. I don't think anyone or anything could hear me. Eventually I couldn't walk anymore. I was so tired. I had been walking all day and I barely got any sleep last night. It reminded me of camilo. I wondered if he was looking for me. I silently cried as I lied down. For a night of restless sleep.

Camilo's POV

I had sorted it out with my mom. She understood y/n situation and would talk to abuela about banishing her father. She even said y/n could stay with us for awhile! I was so excited and ran out to find her. I ran around the house but had no luck finding her. I went down to the market and couldn't find her there either. When I started asking around everyone saw her but had no idea where she went. Soon I started to get worried. Finally someone came up to me "You're looking for y/n right?" I nodded. "I saw her go into the jungle" I grabbed the guy's collar. "How could you let her go in there?!" I spat in his face. He shrugged and backed off. I ran my hand, through my hair, no one comes out of that jungle.