39

Camilo's POV

I was mad at the whole situation. I was mad at myself. I was mad at y/n. Alexa snapped me out of my thoughts. "So, are you going to make it up to me now?" she asked flirtily. I turned towards her and pulled a piece of fruit that I had in my pocket out and handed it to her. "Best fruit in Encanto" I said blantetly. Alexa forced a smile at me "I know you like me". I sighed and walked past her "Like someone like you? I'll pass" I called back to her. I could hear a door slam and assumed it was Alexa walking into Isabelas room. I stopped outside my room and decided to go out for a quick walk under the stars to clear my head. I turned down the dusty paths. I knew where I was going. The only sound was the slight crunch of rock and dust under my heel. In the distance I could see the outline of a person sitting under a tree. When I got closer I knew who it was.

Y/n's POV

I sat kneeling on my bed as tears flooded down the side of my face. I pulled myself up ignoring the dizziness and left the house. I trudged down the path and found my tree. I slid myself down the rough bark and stared into the darkness, trying to make out familiar objects. I heard the crunch of rocks behind me and I turned swiftly to face whoever it was. Of course it had to be Camilo. He stood there staring at me. I sighed and patted the ground next to me and he quickly took a seat.

"What's this?" I asked, gesturing between us.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"I want to define this relationship. We've had fights, we've kissed..." I trailed off but Camilo still looked at me confused.

"Are we boyfriend and girlfriend? Are we friends? Are we... strangers?" My voice fell at the last part and Camilo grabbed my hand.

"Y/n, you are the best thing that's ever happened to me. I just think we rushed into this" He explained. I wanted to shake my head and tell him no but deep down, maybe we did rush into it? My brain felt too overpowered. It felt like it didn't work.

"Ok" I said quietly. I could hear Camilo sigh as he stood. I watched as he walked off and I turned back to staring at the darkness when I heard Camilo's footsteps beside me.

"Hi, there! I'm Camilo. Do you want to come live with me at my house?" He asked, trying to hold back a laugh. I stuck out my hand.

"Hi, im y/n and yes i would love to live with you at your house" I replied. We shook hands and he helped me stand up. We walked back in silence. I sighed as he walked me to my room.

"So, we are going to be friends from now on?" I asked quietly.

"For now, maybe in the future, we can be something more?" He asked. I nodded and shut myself in my room. This was not how I wanted this to go.