17

Y/n POV

Camilo and I searched all over the village. We asked almost everyone. I saw someone we hadn't asked yet so I ran over to him to ask if he had seen mirabel. Like everyone else he shook his head. I walked back over to Camilo. "No luck," I said sadly. Camilo scoffed at me and said nothing. I put my hand on his arm. "What's wrong?" I asked. He shrugged me off "Why don't you go and flirt with that guy some more" he snarled at me. I stepped back. "What did you say?" I asked. He shrugged, kicking at the sand. "Camilo, you're being unbelievable right now" I shook my head and continued walking. "You flirt with everyone!" Camilo yelled behind me. I pivoted on my heel. "Camilo! You're the worst person to be even saying this!" I screamed back at him. I tried to understand what he was going through. His cousin is missing, his house fell down and his whole family is falling apart. "I wish i never met you '' Camilo spat, bonking shoulders as he stormed off. I stood there with nothing to say. I was so hurt at what he said. Tears threatened to escape my eyes. I turned and ran. I ran past the market and the bridge. I had no idea where to go so I sat alone on a mountain that overlooked the entire village. I even saw Mirabel and Abuela ride back to the house. I was glad Mirabel was back. I sighed and laid back. I was happy Mirabel was back and safe. I didn't want to show Camilo I'm weak and show back up at the house. I realize that Camilo was probably under pressure, i mean his cousin was missing and his house fell down. Rage blinded me and I ripped his pancho off and threw it to the ground in front of me. I watched as almost everyone came down to help rebuild the house. With all the help they had the house will probably be done before we know it. Everything happened so quickly today I could barely register what was going on, it all felt like one big dream. I laid back on the soft grass and closed my eyes. I'm just going to rest my eyes...

Camilo's POV

I have no excuse for what I said to y/n. I felt bad but I never got the chance to apologize because she stormed off. I swept the remains of my house into a pile as everyone else was re-building. With everyone helping we had the main floor and all the bedrooms upstairs finished by time everyone went home. I walked up to my room. I felt empty and cold when I got there. Y/n wasn't there to light up the room, or put a smile on my face. I ran out of my room and down the stairs. I ran outside and started to look for y/n. I would spend the whole night looking for her if I had to. "Camilo?" a voice said behind me. It was dolores. "What did you do Camilo?" she asked me. I shrugged. I knew what she meant, I just didn't want to talk about it. Dolores pointed up a hill that overlooked the village. "She's been crying all night. She just fell asleep" Thunder roared and lightning struck as rain started to fall. "I told mom by the way" Dolores said as she turned and ran back to the house. I hated that Dolores told mom but this showed that Mom was finally starting to care about y/n, even if i'm going to get my butt kicked by both my parents. I sighed and started up the hill.