28

Y/n's POV

I blinked a few times to try and clear my eyes. I focused on small things around my room. I could feel the warm sun on my face as it came up over the horizon. I wondered what time it was. I could hear the tiles move beside me. I knew Casita was here with me. I moved my fingers slightly. The tiles moved more and my lips curled slightly into a smile. My vision slowly cleared as the colors of my room flooded into my eyes. I drew in a sharp breath. The pain in my side was almost unbearable. I slowly lifted the blanket. My side was wrapped up in many layers of gauze, but blood was still visible. I pulled my shirt back down. I looked down over the bed like it was a huge cliff. I leaned over the side of the bed and placed my hands on the cold floor. I pulled myself out of the bed and onto the floor. I tried to make it as gentle as I could. Once I was on the floor I took a second to catch my breath. I propped myself up against the wall and watched as the tiles moved quickly around me. "I'm okay," I whispered. My voice sounded forgien to my ears. I sighed and waited.

Camilo's POV

I woke up really early this morning. I was blasting through my chores and would be done before nine. My mom walked into the kitchen. She stood there and waited for me to say something. I knew I should have been polite and engaged in conversation but today I wasn't in the mood to talk about my feelings. "We are going to the market today, would you like to come?" she asked. I sighed and placed the broom against the wall "No, I'm fine. I would rather stay here" I turned and went back to sweeping but my mom stayed there. "Camilo, you haven't been out of the house since-" she stopped herself before that last part. It was a touchy subject for me. "No, i want to stay here" I stated sternly. Finally she gave up and left. I finished sweeping and walked over to y/n's room. I sat down and started talking. Then I heard a small thud from inside the room. I stood up quickly and listened closely for another sound. I could barely make out the sound of shuffling but I could still hear it. "Casita open the door," I whispered. Then the door slowly clicked open and revealed y/n sitting on the floor by her bed, just seeing her made me feel okay.