Chapter 18 - Death

About a year later

———

Vader was on board for a mission, though I thought we were supposed to be finding and stopping the Rebels. I didn't have time to question it. I walked into Thrawn's office for the meeting I'd requested. I knew this was dangerous with Vader on board, but I'd finally found what I needed to destroy Tarkin.

"Good morning," he said, still looking at his datapad. I sat down and waited a few minutes for him to finish. Finally, he looked up at me.

He lifted his eyebrows, indicating I should say what I came here to say.

"I need to be given a false mission to Abafar. Only me," I said simply.

His eyes narrowed. "Why?"

"I don't really want to say."

"There's a meeting taking place there in six days."

I nodded. That's why I needed to be there. "I'd like to arrive the morning of," I said, still not answering his underlying question.

He eyed me for a long time before finally reaching for his datapad.

"I need to leave today, though. Tomorrow at the latest. I need to meet someone first."

"Lilya, I want to know what you're planning."

I looked at my hands. If all went as planned, this might be the last time I saw him. I took a breath, then stood up and walked around his desk, leaning on it slightly in front of him. My hand reached out and stroked his angled cheek lightly.

"I love you Thrawn," I said, then leaned down to kiss him. The next thing I knew he pulled me onto my lap, kissing me hard. It felt so good, like coming home. Seconds turned to minutes and I felt a tear slip down my cheek. He pulled back and looked at me hard.

"No," he said roughly, clearly comprehending the scope of what I'd planned. I shot off his lap, staring at him just as hard.

"I will go without clearances." He stood up and gripped my arm.

"I will throw you in the brig," he said menacingly. He wanted to scare me, but I was not scared of this man.

"You wouldn't dare," I said just as threateningly. I continued to glare, but I softened my voice. "I have to go, my love." I reached my free arm out to touch his face again. "Please," I said in a small voice.

He shoved his lips to mine, and hoisted me into his arms. I wrapped my legs around him, eagerly kissing him back. My hands held his face; I needed him right then.

I dropped my legs back down and pulled my pants off. When I kicked them away, he picked me back up and slammed me against the wall, hard enough for the air to leave my lungs. He moved my panties aside and slid into my already wet pussy. I moaned desperately, the feeling of him inside me almost making me doubt my mission.

My head fell against the wall and he pounded into me, finding a hard, fast rhythm. One of his hands wrapped around my neck. I felt myself grow a little dizzy from the lack of oxygen as he fucked me senseless. My body slightly slid up and down the wall, and I wasn't sure if I was making noise or not.

"I won't let you leave," he said, and I murmured a small cry. His hand loosened slightly.

"I am leaving," I said quietly, tears beginning to fall down my cheeks.

"No," he said, and his voice cracked. I looked at him then, just as my orgasm began rolling through me. I kept my eyes locked with his as we both came hard and fast. I felt the wet streaks left from my tears, and I finally closed my eyes, more tears falling.