We Swear We Didn't Kill Him

WELCOME TO 2022, MY FRIENDS! Also, sorry I'm so late with this chapter, I've been busy and had slight writer's block when writing this chapter. Let'z begin with a new chapter, shall we?!

So. . . maybe Hugo thought that Corona would be different from most kingdoms. And maybe he thought that everything would be perfect now that he was away from Donella, had actual friends he saw as family, and had a loving boyfriend.

But no, here he was with a bunch of guards, who Yong could possibly blow away with a firework or 2, a lover with glowing white eyes, as well as when he assumed to be a very frightened and pissed off princess in front of him, it could've been better.

' Wait ago destiny, you motherfu- ' Before Hugo could finish his train of thought, the glowing eyes of Varian slowly closed, leaving everyone else, including Hugo himself, confused as hell.

Yong suddenly placed 2 fingers over Varian's palm and sighed in relief. The young boy flashed a smile towards the princess.

" Well, the good news is that he isn't dead- "

And that's how Hugo, Nuru, and Yong ended up in the dungeon of Corona's castle.

For the seventh time during their so far 10 minute period in the cell, Hugo was trying to pickpocket the lock. Hey, he said he would try to be good after they got together and that he would only do bad things in an emergency. Which it was because you don't just see your boyfriend have glowing eyes and then suddenly pass out!

And, for the seventh time of picking the lock, did Hugo fail once more and slammed his head against the bars. It seemed as if Corona had gone and used locks that the blond was unfamiliar with.

" I'm sorry, I was only speaking the truth. " Yong looked down in shame upon seeing Hugo's head against the bar.

" It's alright, Firecracker, " the blond gave a tired smile. " At least Goggles is getting treated, hopefully. "

Hugo's gaze shifted to the dark-skinned princess in the cell. Her knees were against her chest as she reached for a little book in her dress pocket.

' She must have big pockets then, ' Hugo thought as she began flipping through pages of the book. The blond could tell Nuru had something on her mind as her eyes quickly skimmed through the pages.

Hugo rolled his eyes and turned back over to the full view of the dungeon they were trapped in. Across from their cell were 2 look-alike circus freak twins. Both had red hair with a glare as sharp as a dagger coming from their light blue eyes. The only way to tell them apart was that the one had stupid looking sideburns, sharp ears, the little fringes on his head were curved more to the right, and slight curved scar on the right side of his face. The other, however, had rounder ears, the fringes on his head being curved to the left side, and had an eyepatch on his left eye with a scar underneath it.

And damn, did Hugo think they wanted to stab him. So he did the best thing he could do: insult them.

" Hey, you two! Sideburns and Patchy the pirates, shouldn't you guys be on a ship in search of you 'Treasure Island' and such, or did ya get arrested for stealing someone's booty? "

Just the look from the man with the sideburns made Hugo shiver. Maybe it was because the man looked ridiculous, but something about them suddenly made him feel uneasiness swell up inside him.

" Oh, aren't you funny, Mr. Know-It-All? "

" I don't mean to interrupt, but I think his husband is the 'know-it-all-. " Yong apparently overheard the conversation and was now standing next to Hugo, deciding to join.

" Yong, Goggles is not my husband! " Hugo's face became flushed as Nuru gave her signature smirk and mumbled a " Not yet~ " before looking back to her little book.

But the 2 pirate twins each gave a mischievous smirk. Not one like Nuru's previously, but one more sinister. He didn't know why, but their smirks scared him. The only other time he ever remembers feeling this scared was. . .

" Well, no wonder you lot are in here, " Sideburns began, snapping Hugo out of his thoughts. But before he could say anything else, what Hugo assumed to be the dungeon door opened and in came 2 guards.

" I'm telling you, Stan, your wife would love it if you two went on a picnic for your anniversary- " A pale guard with freckles and blue eyes began saying.

" Pete, you know I have to work on that day, " a darker skinned guard butted in.

" I'll ask the captain if we can switch shifts then. " Pete grabbed the key ring from Stan as he placed the key into the keyhole.

" Pete, you don't have to do that, ya know. " The cell door swung open as Nuru slid her book back into her pocket.

" Stan, " Pete turned around and placed both of his hands onto Stan's shoulders, " you are my best friend. I will always try my best to make you happy. "

(And before anyone asks, no, I do not ship Stan and Pete together as I see them as best friends in the show and find their shenanigans hilarious.)

" Pete, I- " a fake cough from Hugo caught the guards' attention and they both placed their arms by their sides and gave a serious look towards the 3.

" We have been informed that you three must come to the infirmary. " Stan the Guard held the cell door open as the 3 walked out.

" Who requested us? " Yong asked as he grabbed ahold of Nuru and Hugo's hands, a habit he tended to do when he felt scared.

" Varian did, " Pete replied as he and Stan led the trio out of the dungeon to Varian's location.

' I'm coming, Goggles. . . '

When will I add Varigo fluff into the story? Hopefully next chapter or so! Am I confusing the heck outta you readers? Probably and I don't regret it! But guess what? As of now, I'm ALMOST DONE watching Tangled: The Series! I only got 4 episodes left and then, tada! 😊

Have a wonderific day/night, my friends! 😊

~ Brooklyn