Visions, Consequences, and Love

ATTENTION EVERYONE, IF YOU READ A CHAPTER THAT WAS CALLED CONSEQUENCES OF THE LIGHT, THEN FORGET THAT EVER HAPPENED! That chapter is now deleted because I didn't want to use that idea for the story anymore and I also didn't want to have to deal with it and all of the characters in there. From what I can tell, the story works goods without that chapter.

Also, I know the story may seem very, very confusing, but it'll all connect and work out in the end. Probably. Am I making this up as I go? Yes. Yes, I am.

" I see you've returned to your dreamscape, buddy. "

Varian felt as if he was disconnected from his body. And that voice, it felt so, so familiar, yet he couldn't recall who it was.

Looking around himself, Varian saw the shards of his mind were cracked. Not metaphorically, but the entirety of the world around him looked like glass. It was weird, but it somehow made sense to him.

Each panel of glass held something significant to him. It was then he realized that they were his memories.

Just as he was about to reach and touch one of them, he felt something rough grab his wrist. That's when he saw him.

The user of the voice he'd somehow forgotten about. He was surprised that he didn't recognize the voice. Though it would've made a little bit of sense since he hadn't heard that voice since. . .

Varian tried to speak and pull his wrist out of the hand made of darkness. But once more was he muteless in this shattering world around him. The hand, however, also had different plans in mind as it yanked the boy away from the memory.

" We can't have you temping with the Fates, now can we, buddy? "

The closer Varian looked, the more he realized the hand pulling him was entirely crimson, as was the floor around him. But the hand wasn't connected to a person, but rather to the floor. He desperately tried the pull away from the crimson hand of darkness.

CRACK

One swift look towards the glassy memory he'd almost touched, and it gained a severed crack in it. One that reached from the top right corner to the bottom left.

The memory, however, was of one of the greatest moments in his life and was only a few weeks prior to now. When he and Hugo confessed to each other in the Eternal Library.

In a single swift movement, Varian found himself being pulled towards the crimson ground. His feet sunk into the floor as cackling could be heard from all around him.

A sudden burning sensation filled the boy's chest, one that burned with agony. He tried to let out a scream of pain, yet he was in a state of muteness once more.

Apparently, things hadn't gotten weird enough, that an emerald liquid seeped through the cracked memory, which moved and formed on its own. The liquid twisted and turned in all sorts of shapes and directions. And when it was done moving, Varian's eyes widened at the sight before him.

The symbol of Saporia. A heart beginning to be covered in the crimson ground. A mouth with a finger shushing it. A book about the relations of alchemy and magic. A pair of glasses and goggles intertwined with one another. And finally, 2 different test tubes: one cracked and seemingly about to crumble apart, the other looking completely fine.

Varian was too in-depth of what was going on and what everything meant that he didn't realize how his body was slowly becoming weaker from being pulled through the ground. A silent scream ripped through his throat as he was suddenly dragged and plummeted into the crimson ground. The last thing he heard was of a voice he'd never heard before and a bright light filled his vision.