Chapter 12 - Before

Chapter 12
Before

Recap:

Dawn's POV

"Tony, I'm not ok. I've only ever gotten like this once, but I was to little to even understand...."

"You've done this before...?"

"Yes, that's what I've just said."

"When? How? What happened?"

"Well.... it started off a weekend in may..."

---end of recap---

--start of flashback--

"What a catch Dawn! Wow!" Luke shouted from the field. He was helping me train for the baseball tryouts next week.

"Hey Luke. I'm tired, mind if we just take a break?" I yelled

He came running over half the field just to hear me say that over again.

"Yeah, sure" he replied smiling. And in all in one motion, he swiftly grabbed my hand and pulled me along with him to the line of trees at the very back of the baseball field.

We lied down on tall grass, in the shade provided from some old oak trees.

"Dawn, can I tell you something? And do you promise not to get mad?" Luke said out of the blue.

We were both still breathing heavy really loud at this time.

"Luke, I'm your best friend, you can tell me absolutely anything!" I said taking his hand in mine and playing with the bandage that covered were his dog had cut him.

"That's part of it Dawn..." He said quietly. He held his breath so he could hear my next words.

My breath hitched and I held it, before brushing it off and exhaling a "What?"

"Listen Dawn," Luke said as we both sat up. "I'm moving back to Australia soon and stupid Sydney and David (parents) are making you stay here. And to tell the truth, I think I really, really like you."

I was taken aback by this

"You what now?" I asked

"I think I really like you, and I don't wanna leave you." I dropped him hands felt my vision go blurry. "Dawn, say something, please."

I felt my whole body heat up and my limbs start to shake.

"Luke, run. Run far away right now please." I warned.

"Dawn...?"

"Now!" I screamed and booked it to the middle of the field.

Not even reaching the middle I fell to my knees and a gigantic shock wrecked the ground and lit the grass around me on fire. I looked back at Luke, he had fallen from the impact the spread out.

He lifted his head to face me slightly. His spiked hair had now fallen in front of his face and his blue eyes now even more blue. Even from how far I was I could see how much he was begging me to stop and was in pain. I looked at him I spewed and saw from the bottom of my eyes that my long brown hair had fallen out of the side braid and now was bright red. I screamed out in pain as the blazing red "stuff" shot from my fingers and lite the ground up. With every flick of my wrist or sharp movement I did another blot shot from me.

"Luke! Help me!" I screamed just before my body gave out and I blackout in the middle of the flame infested baseball field.

--end of flashback--

Tony's POV

"Oh Dawn, I'm sorry."

"I lost everything that day. The feeling of home, Luke, the roof over my head, the stupid people who hated me, everything." I said as a tear fell from my eye.

"Dawn..." I said as I tried to comfort her and place my arm around her shoulder but she brushed it off.

"Don't Tony!" she said sternly. "You didn't even want me here! You didn't know I existed, don't try to pretend that everything's okay."

I breathed heavily, what was I supposed to say to that

"Tony, I'm a monster, I'm a screw-up." she said lighting a small price of ripped off plastic and spinning it in her hand.

"Dawn, you're not a monster. I would know. Listen here, I used to think the same of myself, I used to own and run a missile and weapon company. I would know."

We sat in a comfortable silence for a few minutes just listening to each other's breathing before she pipped up, "Tony?"

"Yeah?"

"I want Luke back.

"No. WE, NEED to get Luke back."

"Really? You do that?"

"Dawn, I see how happy he makes you. It's time all of us help you save him."

"Wait- what do you mean 'all of us'?"

"That's what I mean." I said smiling pointing towards to door with all of the other avengers and a few others."

"I love you Tony." Dawn said hugging me tightly.

"YOU HEAR THAT GUYS!?!! SHE LOVES ME!!" I screamed like a little 5 year old.

"Oh my Tony!" Dawn rolled her eyes.

"Come on kiddo, lets go get you superhero back." I said putting my arm around her neck and walking towards the others

-------

A/N

HEYO! LONG TIME NO TALK RIGHT? LOL.
SORRY GUYS I'VE BEEN GONE FOR SO LONG AND SORRY THAT THIS WAS SUCH SHORT FILLER CHAPTER.
I'LL TRY TO WRITE MORE AND UPDATE MORE NOW THAT SCHOOL ALMOST OVER!!! YAY!!!
ANYWAYS I GOT TO GO SINCE I HAVE OTHER BOOKS TO UPDATE TOO.... LOL (IM SERIOUS).

BYYYYEEEEEEE!!!
- bella😋