Chap. 14 - Something Old

RECAP:

"Dawn...I don't think, what you're thinking is a good idea..."

"Nonsense! I can do this!"

"Dawn... first I want to show you something..." Nick trailed.

----

Chapter 14 - Something Old
Dawn's POV

"No Nick, I'm thinking it can wait."

"No Dawn. I'm thinking it can't wait." He copied me perfectly. It must have been from all the years of coping Tony.

"Nick, I'm serious, I think it can wait. Our priority is to get Tony and Steve out and stay alive. I have a plan... Gather everyone you can." I saw him start to open his mouth and I cut him off quickly. "I'm not arguing or compromising. We either do it my way or you lose 2 avengers and a distressed teenage girl."

He paused for a moment then walked towards The communication table with a small microphone/ announcement thing was. He took a sharp breath and then spoke into it quietly "Calling all avengers who are not occupied at the moment please report to the main room."

In a few moments I was surrounded by Nick, and all the other avengers. Agent Colson stood right beside me and eagerly nudge my arm for me to explain my plan.

"Okay... so to start this off i'm going to say the most ridiculous idea ever the problem then if you will allow but will have to. Please don't object in my plan until you hear all of it okay?" I took a sharp breath then continued. "this going to sound really crazy for the first stop but here it is I need all of the hulk-nets down. Step 2; I need the key so I can go and borrow one of Tony's suits. Step 3; I'm going to lower hulk out onto the aircraft runway and I need Hawkeye there with some back up in case just to stun hulk if he gets too rowdy. Black widow I need you to go and find Tony and Steve and take them to the main room here so that we can all meet up again. I'll deal with Hulk and get Dr. Banner back it shouldn't be too hard considering he likes me."

"Dawn!" Exclaimed Hawkeye "Are you trying to get yourself killed here?? Do you want to die?! Are you asking for a death wish?!"

"Listen, I know this is crazy but I know what I'm doing this isn't the first time that I've done this."

They were all getting pretty loud and rowdy and it was hard to capture their attention for more then a few seconds. They were all arguing with themselves at this moment and I saw it as a perfect opportunity!

As they all were arguing I snatched the keys off communications table and ran towards unit C. I remember Tony kept one of his suits in there - the one that fits me the best. Since he never thought I would remember that suit he locked it up in the furthest Unit there was- just to be sure.

I ran as fast as my tiny legs could carry me. I was there in no time surprisingly. I was breathing heavy when I stepped inside Unit C, I glanced at the key I held in my hand and it had a faded number. I squinted and could make out a #24.

I walked near the back of the Unit and a giant metal locker with the number '24' written on it in black spray paint - or at least it looked like black spray paint. I inserted the key into the small lock in the metal. It was at the top of the one big metal door so I had to stand on my tip-toes to reach it. Once I got it unlocked I placed the key in my pocket and whipped out the brackets Tony had given me in case of an emergency to use a suit.

Once I placed them one my wrists I placed a gentle hand on the beautiful metal suit, closed my eyes and took a breath as it came to life. It opened in two small places on each side and I held up my arms to scan the bracelets.

It kindly accepted me and opened up. I climbed inside and it closed and moulded to my tiny frame.

"Good afternoon Mr. Stark" the loud computer animated voice said.

"Hey Jarvis, it's actually Dawn here not Tony." I corrected politely

"Oh well good afternoon Ms. Stark" he said again

"Jarvis, just called me Dawn." I said rolling my eyes letting out a chuckle.

"Why of course, Dawn." He paused a little before he said my name.

"Jarvis I'm going to need you to do some tests and scans for me..." I began

"Anything for you. What shall we start with?"

"Um, run a scan and track where Tony and Hulk are. Two is this suit fight-manageable? Three, I need you to do everything I say in the next few minutes." I said while fiddling with buttons and switches that activated different parts and accessories.

"Yes, Dawn. Tony appears to be in Unit B- moving quite quickly, also I may add. Dr. Banner is the containment unit A."

"Awesome, keep a tab open on that. And Jarvis- this is a need to know asap... Is this suit fight-manageable?"

"Why yes to both, Dawn."

"Okay, time to think now... Unit B, Unit B... What's so important in Unit-- oh shit." I mumbled realizing it.

"Jarvis activate thrusters and fly me to Unit A-central."

"Going." The male computerized voice said back.

Once I got to Unit A-central, everyone was in panic mode....

"What do you mean the systems are failing, keep them up! No we cannot afford another hulk disaster! Captain stop arguing with Widow! Colsen put you cards away agent Barton (Hawkeye) does not want to see them! No Natalia we do not have eyes on him!" Nick was yelling at everybody at the moment and I could see this getting out of hand.

"Jarvis, amplify my voice here."

"Yes, Dawn. All good;" he replied.

"Are all of you going to stand there and argue or annoy the shit out of Nick and stay in danger? Or are all of you going to shut your yaps, listen to me, stay safe and help out?" I said as calmly as I could manage.

"Dawn, what are you doing?" Steve called up

"I've already lost one person who I care deeply about, the other one is no where to be found and the third is on the other side of the planet. I don't and can't afford to loose any more. So ya'll are going to sit your asses down and listen."

Once I knew I had everyone attention, they were all quiet. It was so quiet you could hear a pin drop, except for the echo's of the Hulk.

"You all know my plan, let's go get shit done." I said calmly, giving a small head nod, letting the iron face man close over me. I glanced at Steve and gave another head nod. I stood on the ground, still in the suit but the head off again.

"So what's the plan again captain?" Steve said, clear sarcasm with the "captain" in his voice.

"Captain, Bart, I need you to stand on backup just in case. Widow I need you to come with me, I'll try and get him still but I need you to change him back."

"Got it."
"Easy."
"Done."

They all chimmed in. I hope this was going to be as easy as they thought.....

"Let's go get shit done." I said nodding down the face piece again.

--------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!
I'm actually really sorry for being the shittiest person ever with not writing.

Well I hope you enjoyed this chapter, I'll look forward to reading you comments and seeing you next time :)

VOTE
COMMENT
SHARE

BYE LOVELIES!💥

- bella🍫