Chapter 9 ~ They're Coming

Chapter 9
They're Coming

(Sorry for any spelling mistakes)

Dawn's POV

Right now Luke and I were getting taught how to fight, but with me being myself... I get distracted easily and then I get pissed off.

Right now we had boxing... with staffs. I don't know what the actual sport is so I call it 'Boxing with Staffs.' pretty clever right?

I watched as Luke had swung and spun and hit with the staff, he looked like he was really into it. I not so much. Just as I thought this a sharp pain came to my side. next thing I knew I was being violently shaken.

"Dawn! Dawn! Speak!" Luke screamed still continuing to shake me.

"Yeah- sorry what?" I said snapping out of my thoughts. "Oww!" I screamed

"Are you okay?" Luke asked with a worried expression. His were still holding mine as we now both say on the ground.

"Yeah.... why wouldn't I be?" I asked shrugging in pain a little.

"I hit you."

"With what?" I asked trying to mask the pain.

"The staff, and I must say pretty hard..." he said tugging at the end of my short to see how bad the hit was.

"I'm sure I'm fine Lucas." I said pushing off his hand because I knew Tony was watching us from somewhere, he had to be.

"Let me look at it." he insisted tugging at the end again.

"No."

"Dawn-"

"No!" I said louder.

"Dawn, please just let me-" he sated off but I cut him off again.

"No! Lucas I said-" Now I was the one being cut off.

But not by words, more like a pair of lips against mine. They were soft. Sweet. I didn't know why to do, I was shocked. So I guess it's safe to say I just kissed him back ( ;) )

He pulled away a little too soon giving me a small smile while his lie eyes pierced mine like daggers.

"I've wanted to do that for so long now." he whispered to me.

I was still in shock, I couldn't do anything.

"You! OUT!" A sharp voice yelled making our head snap to where a person stood in the doorway.

Luke and I grabbed each others hands and ran the other was with the person chasing after us.

"Hurry! Follow me!" Luke yelled pulling me along behind him. I was slowly losing my breath, because let's be honest, I wasn't the best at sprinting long distances.

"Luke! Where are we going?" I yelled while still sprinting.

"That's qanat Tony, Dawn. That was the person who almost killed you earlier..." he said taking a short break to face me.

We were both breathing heavily and trying our best to catch our breath from running.

"H- How do you know a- about that?" I stuttered. Was he spying on me? Did Tony tell him? Did one of the Avengers tell Luke everything that had happened?

"Tony. He wants you to be safe, I wish for the same." he said. "Now follow me if you wanna live!" he said pulling me behind him again.

While I ran I looked back at the people chasing us. They were gaining on us and becoming really close.