Chap.4: They Know....

Chapter 4

They Know....

((Just a heads up there is a little bit of swearing in this but not major! okay bye!))

Dawns POV

"Um, Tony, sorry about your living room." Hawk Eye called from up stairs.

"What did you do?!" Tony yelled and ran to the door and up the stairs. Thor, Captain and I followed behind.

When we got up there, it was horrible.

All the windows were shattered, the couch was on fire and I couldn't even find the t.v. anymore.

"Why?" Tony tried to ask calm.

"Hey they killed them all right!? Be happy about that!" I said. Tony turned around and looked at me.

"Dawn you don't understand. Now they know that the "USB stick" is here, because they think that we were protecting it and since I told you to protect it... you can't live here."

"What? I just got here!" I shouted.

"I know, I know! But I can't have you put in danger like this again." he said placing his hands on my shoulder.

"So where are you gonna send me?" I took a breath. "Back to the orphanage, back to my dumbass foster parents? back to that crummy school I got bullied in? What's it gonna be?" I said

"What school? You got bullied? What foster parents? Why haven't I've heard of this until now?" He said tilting his head to the side.

"Probably because you never EVER talked to me, or called me, or even knew I existed!" I said as I took a step back and took my hinds off my shoulders.

I shook my head slowly, and stormed off to my room. I got out my suitcase I came here with and started packing it with some if the clothes I really needed before I left.

I put and extra outfit, a simple white t-shirt with a pair if jean shorts and a pair of black converse in my over the shoulder bag along with my earbuds, laptop (that pepper got me) and my charger. I shoved my phone in my back pocket and placed the USB I my dresser as I zipped up my suitcase.

"Dawn? Open up! I just want to talk." someone said. Of course, It wasn't Tony!

"No! Go away! Please, I just came here and look what I've done! Just leave!" I yelled at the person behind the door.

"Please, I just want to talk." They said again. I walked over and unlocked the door. I immediately walked over to my bed without a care in the world who it was.

"Dawn, please. This wasn't your fault! Talk to me." They said.

I looked up from the floor and to who it was. Of course it had to be Captain.

"Look, captain Am-"

"Call me Steve. It my real name." he cut me off

"Okay then.... Steve. Look, tony put my in an orphanage for the longest time, I got bullied at school for it too! One day a couple came along and wanted to adopt me but I refused but I was forced to go anyway. They yelled at me so much, treated me like their maid, and their son, his name was Luke. He was the only one who made me happy. He actually talked to me. scared the bullies away, and didn't treat me how his parents did, although he did get in trouble when he refused to treat me like a maid. But he said I was his friend and that he cared for me. For the first time in forever, I actually felt loved." I said a tear falling from my eye.

"Dawn, you have us now, we love you! We'll take care of you."

"You don't understand! Luke moved away after that. He was abused by his parents,- so was I" I took a deep breath. "I felt so alone after that. i ran away from them after 1 month after Luke left. I still have contact with him, but very little. And even if I did move where would I go?" I asked as more tears fell

"Well, if Tony let's you, you can stay with me. You'll be fine!" he said wipping off a freshly fallen tear with his thumb.

"Would you be okay with that?" he asked and I nodded in response

"Y-yeah I would." I said.

"Well I see you're already packed..." he said looking at the suitcase across my bed.

"Well, not exactly...." I trailed off walking over to my dresses.

"What do you mean?" He asked watching me

"Now I m ready!" I said smiling as I held up the USB I front of him the stuck it in my pocket. "Lets go ask Tony,"

I grabbed my suitcase from up too of my bed and pulled it behind me. When I turned around I saw that Steve had already walked out, so I walked out and closed the door behind me.

I don't really know how I felt, apart of me wanted to stay here, another part of me wanted to go and the last part of me wanted to run around the house and throw myself in a closet and never come out.

I don't really know how I felt to be honest. All I know is that Steve will be nice to me.

"Tony," I said as he bolted around and look at my suit case. "I need to talk to you."

"Dawn..." he said now pointing to my suitcase.

"Tony, I need to leave. Steve said he'd be happy to take me to his place until this is fixed and they're not looking for the stick anymore."

"Dawn, you can't. You need to stay here, you're just a child-" he started

"Just a child?!!" I yelled. "Im 15! I've probably been through more than you!" I raged

"Dawn, you don't understand." he said trying to lower my voice.

"No! I will not!" I yelled, that when I realized I was making a huge fool of myself in front of the others. "You know what, never mind. Your right Tony, I should just live my life this ALL THE DAMN TIME! It's not enough I've lost enough people, no I have to be scared shitless everyday by people with guns looking for a stupid little piece if plastic that I have!"

"Dawn, let me explain. It might help." Thor started.

"Ya, that would be great! Because this person standing in front if me has explained everything!" I said in a sarcastic voice while guess turning to Tony.

"I'm taking you into S.H.E.I.L.D. tomorrow. Ill explain everything then." Tony said walking away from me.

"What the hell? What's S.H.E.I.L.D.?" I stared. Just then I got a call on my phone. Everyone looked at me. "Unknown Number?" I said.

"Put it on speaker, then talk." Hawk Eye said.

So I did that. "Hello?" I said

"I know you have it little girl, and I will get it. Your friends won't help you next time. I know you have it, and I'm coming for it. See you soon......" the voice on the other end said in a creepy tone.

"Guys, what does he mean 'I know you have it, and I'm coming for it?' What Help!" I said freaking out I ran over to Steve as he gave me a hug, not letting go.

"TONY!" Thor yelled

"WHAT?!" He yelled back.

"We sorta have a huge problem here." Hawk Eye said just as Tony got the the floor we were on.

"What kind of problem?" He asked looking at me breaking down.

"Someone's after Dawn. They know she has it and that she has the power to-" Black Widow started.

"ZIP!" Tony said holding his hand out to her. "She doesn't need to know now, we'll tell her tomorrow. In the mean time, can you guys help with cleaning up?" Tony asked.

"Ya." They all responded and we got to work.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Hey guys! Bella here! I know you guys have been longing for an update so here it is!!

I know it's kinda short, and I bet you the next one will be too because I'm leaving on a trip with my family on Friday, (april 11 btw)

And I might get another short one in hopefully! :D

The next one should be up by April 19! (that when I get back (: haha)

I love you all heaps! and hope you keep reading! BYE!

~ bella😘