Chapter 10

I knock on Davina's door, when I hear the soft "come in" I peak my head in, she was laying in bed and staring at the ceiling, she sniffles a couple times as I approach the bed.

I lay down next to her and she instantly wraps her arms around me.

"I didn't mean to make him angry." She says in between sobs, I rub her back softly.

"I'm sure he'll be fine, he loves you a lot." I say.

"He keeps leaving, I don't like being alone and D just goes away, going to the bookshop and going for icecream is probably the only time we get to spend together because than he's with his friends." She says sobbing and tucks her head in.

"I'll talk to him alright and than I'm sure he won't be mad anymore and he'll take you to the bookshop more often and he'll spend more time with you." I say kissing the top of her head.

She sniffles a couple more times before sitting up and smiling at me. "Thank you." She says and hugs me tightly, I hand her a candy before leaving and going to Dylan's room.

I don't bother knocking and just swing the door open. "There's a fucking door for a reason." He says through gritted teeth.

"Oh wow, hadn't realized that." I say rolling my eyes, he ignores me and goes back to staring out the window. "Why are you so angry at Davina?" I ask and sit down on the bed.

"I'm not angry at her." He says not looking at me.

"Didn't look like it when you swore in front of her." I say. "So again, why are you venting your anger on her?" I ask.

He snaps his gaze to me. "It's nothing." He says annoyed, I don't take my eyes from his.

"Clearly wasn't nothing when you were just yelling at your sister downstairs." I say annoyed and get up from the bed. "You do not get to vent your anger out on your sister just because of something else, if you have raging hormones than fucking control it." I say angry.

In a blink I was against the wall, his hands holding mines on top of my head, our chests pressed together.

"Do not push me, you don't know me." Dylan says through gritted teeth.

"Don't I, let's see, you're basically just a spoiled rich brat who doesn't know how to take care of his own sister because he is always never there for her." I say knowing full well that I hit a nerve.

"Don't you fucking talk about my life when you don't have one." He says angry before stepping away.

"She just wants to spend time with you alright, so maybe next time you should put your ego aside and actually spend time with your sister, she is a kid who wants her brother closer to her and you just venture off in your own adventures." I say annoyed and turn to leave, my heart somehow hurts, is it because he said I don't have a life.

"Fuck, I'm sorry." Dylan says and turns me back around, he instantly lets go of my hand and sighs. "It's not what you think alright, I know Davina just wants to spend time with me and I didn't mean to snap at her, I had realized that I hadn't taken my pills for my panic attacks today and it made me more anxious and I didn't want to put her in danger." He says apologetic.

I tilt my head to the side. "Panic attacks?" Dylan looks at me, his olive green eyes reflecting regret.

"Not today's talk." Dylan brushes it off and turns the other way, I catch a glimpse of his elbow and wince.

"Your elbow, it's bleeding." I say frowning.

"I must have scraped it or something earlier." Dylan says, I grab his hand, ignoring all the electricity that went up my arm, I closed the toilet lid and made him sit down on it.

I grab the first aid kit from the shelves before telling him to turn around. "I didn't mean to yell at you." Dylan says apologetic, I dab the cotton with alcohol on the cut, the blood had stopped gushing but the cut was still raw.

"Have you had your pills?" I ask.

"Yes before you walked in." Dylan says. Neither of us say anything else as I carry on cleaning the cut and placing a bandage over it.
I put the kit away and wash my hands keeping my eyes away from the mirror knowing full well that his gaze is on me.

"Don't you fucking talk about my life when you don't have one."

"I didn't mean it, what I said about you not having a life, it just slipped." He says regretful, I don't turn to look at him and just walk away, I was quickly turned back around, our chests touching, I have to tilt my head slightly upwards to stare into his olive green eyes.

My hands rested flat on his chest, my heart was beating fast, really fast, I could feel his heart beat fast too.

"I'm sorry Lea, I didn't mean to say it, you can stab me, punch me, throw me on the ground but please don't shut me off." He says softly, his one arm is around my waist with the other still holding my hand, he hesitantly leans his forehead against mine.

"It's fine, I'm fine." I say with a shrug, he chuckles and steps back.

"Guys lunch is ready!"

We walk down to the dining in silence, Davina is nowhere to be seen, Dylan sighs before going back up, Mr. and Mrs. Hamilton were already seated, I take a seat next to Mrs. Hamilton and she gives me a huge smile.

"Thank you for fixing that whole thing with Davina and Dylan, usually when they both fight it takes a whole day for them to talk to each other and both of them will just be glowing with anger." Mr. Hamilton says with a grateful nod and smile.

"I hope you like vegetables because today is a vegetables day." Mrs. Hamilton says concerned.

"It's fine Mrs. Hamilton, I love vegetables." I say with a small smile, they both light up at that.
We hear giggles and laughter approaching, Mr. and Mrs. Hamilton breathe out in relief when they see Davina and Dylan walk in laughing.

Dylan sits opposite me and Davina opposite Mrs. Hamilton, Mr. Hamilton by the head chair.
"Well what are we waiting for, let's dig in." Mr. Hamilton says laughing and all of them start to excitedly dish out the hot lasagna, Dylan leans over and takes my plate and dishes out for me.

The whole dining room fills up with laughter and chattering, I let myself relax as I eat the lasagna, it tastes phenomenal, I don't even know when was the last time I enjoyed a meal.

"So Lea, I heard that you'll be playing with us nerf war after lunch and that you'll be teaming up with the girls." Mr. Hamilton says smiling, Dylan who had been drinking water choked on and spewed out water from his mouth messing his shirt.

"We're fucked." Dylan says panicking, Davina starts giggling.

"Dylan language." Mrs. Hamilton says sternly.

"Sorry son but you and her have not fucked yet." Mr. Hamilton says with a smirk, Dylan turns a dark red and I feel my own face heat up and I quickly drink some water.

"That's not what I meant when I said we're fucked dad, I meant the fact that with her on their team, we don't have a chance of winning." Dylan says flustered.

"Both of you are putting money in the swearing jar." Mrs. Hamilton says.

"Ooops than, my bad." Mr. Hamilton says smirking as he sips from his glass.

"Can we start playing it now?" Davina asks excitedly.

"I don't see why not." Mrs. Hamilton says smiling, I look down at my plate and realize I ate everything on the plate, i look up to find Dylan's eyes on me and smiles proudly when he sees my empty plate.

"We'll win son don't worry." Mr. Hamilton says.