Chapter 24

Damien's POV

20 months ago

My whole body hurts, my right side hurt a lot more but my worries for Lea got me to push through the pain as I tried to sit up, my hands were tied against the hospital bed, I push them but they don't budge.
Everything felt weird, the room I was in was definitely not in a hospital or one of ours back in the house. I yell for Lea as I feel the panic rush through my entire body.

Oh God, let her be fine. I chant in my head as I keep attempting to pull at the ropes, I yell for help and just than the door opens. A guy walks in, his face has a distinctive look to it and I find rage boiling at my blood as he smirks at me. Those same shades of blue as the woman who killed my sister. "What the fuck are you doing? Where's my wife?" I grit out as I keep pulling the ropes ignoring the burn on my wrists.

He merely smirks at me before pulling a chair and setting it right beside me. "You're going to pay for what you did. I will take away every you've loved." He says with a smirk.

"Where's my wife you fucking bastard?" I spit at him.

He shrugs. "On her way to somewhere far away." I frown confused. "You see right, you died." That's when I realise what he means and my heart stops beating. "Your death was really tragic on her, she left. You're dead to everyone Hammet."

"I will get out of here and I will make sure you end up just like your mother." I declare.

"I'm sure you will but until than." He smirks before leaning down and he holds up a small remote, the moment he presses it, I feel the shocks run through my entire body as it became overwhelmed with this burning pain, I grit my teeth through the pain not wanting to give him the satisfaction of hearing me scream.

You will get out. You will live. You will survive.

Lea's voice became the anchor.

5 months after capture:

"Are you ever going to stop trying to escape?" Henry asks annoyed. "You're literally going to get caught each and every time you try." I make sure the grip on blade in my hand is tight before I pounce on him, the blade just barely scratches his neck before guards are pulling me away. Henry stares at me as rage flashes through his eyes, he nods at the guys and I know what's coming as I feel a knife go right through my thigh.

I keep my scream in. You will get out. You will live. You will survive.

20 months after capture:

I haven't given up, I'm just waiting for the perfect opportunity, she wouldn't want me to give up, but I barely have hope left, I do hope on the fact that Lea stays away from here, I hope that she turned her back and never came back.

The thoughts of her are the only thing that have made me want to actually survive through this. My anchor. I brush my finger over the wedding ring on my finger, our song plays in my head, the words are mixed up by now but the tune of it still remains as perfect as all the moments her and I had together.

Present tense:

"It won't be just you who will be delighted to see her."
My mind tries to think on who this guy is, he definitely has someone he cares about, but Henry meant something when he said that.
I feel the guy trying to move, I have a sudden desire to help check if he's okay, but my mind is still trying to figure out what Henry meant. My finger fidgets with the string around my neck where my wedding ring rest.

"Fucking hell, you're Damien Hammet!"

Dylan's POV

He looks up at me from the corner of the nearly dark room. "The Damien Hammet?" I ask this time. His face looks different than the pictures that I saw in Lea's apartment, he definitely lost weight, he has a very messy beard, his eyes seem so lost, so hopeless as he stares at me. He doesn't say anything. "Lea-" Before I can finish speak, he's standing up, he looks sort of dazed but it doesn't stop him from stalking towards me, I want to move but my stupid body won't budge.

He stops right in front of me and than he presses down on my foot in a way that it feels like it's going to break. "How do you know my wife?" His voice sends shivers up my spine despite of how low his voice is, he applies more pressure and I hear a scream rupture out of me. "I swear to God, if I hear that you've hurt her in any way, I will break every bone in your body and leave you to rot."

"She's a friend for God's sake!" I grit out, he steps back and I groan in relief. He squats in front of me, his face definitely looks scary from this look, I think back on the pictures again, the guy that smiled and you could see hope and love. "We met about a month ago. I would never hurt her."

He doesn't move his gaze from me but it's like I know his mind is running through every scenario right now. "She's in the city?" He asks, his voice is low and rough, like he hasn't spoken in ages.

I nod. "She wasn't supposed to come back but than we had a fight-" I stop as I see him clenching his fists.

"A fight?" He tilts his head.

"I did something stupid and yes I regret it because it's the reason she decided to come back and here we are now." I blurt annoyed, he stays quiet for the next minute. "If I could take back what I did, I would do it in a blink."

His shoulders relaxed and he sat down on the ground. "Tell me how is she, how she's been doing?"

I end up telling him everything that has happened, everything I remember from her book as well.
By the end of it, I can see his rage and sadness but more hope in him.

"We're going to get out of here." He declares before standing up and walking back to the corner.