Chapter 21

"If you don't want to go in than it's fine Lea." Liv says reassuringly, I give her a smile.

"It's fine Liv really, I just need some air first." I say, she nods and heads inside.

"You look like you're about to die." Dylan says worried, he pulls my head to his chest. "We don't have to stay here if you don't want to, we can easily book a hotel room."

I chuckle and peck his cheek. "I know but I really want to, I just needed to breathe for a bit before walking in, everything feels the same, as if it hasn't changed."

"Whenever you're ready." Dylan says and kisses my head, I smile at him and carry on walking in, my heart is having a drumming contest right now. Everything looks as if it hasn't changed at all except for some small decorations here and there,the moment we step through the doors my heart stops and I have to pause and take deep breaths.

"I can do this right?" I ask Dylan unsure, I can feel the crack in my voice, Dylan pulls me back into him and I let out a sob, he softly rubs my back. "I can do it." I shut my eyes tightly close.

"Of course you can, you've made it this far already and you're strong." Dylan says resting his head on mine. "You're not alone."

"Let's go meet the others." I say after a while, Dylan nods.

Dylan's POV

We meet the others in the kitchen, Lea sits on one of the stools and I take the stool next to her.

"So what's our plans now?" Alexa asks.

"I want to go see his base, find out more." Lea says.

"But Lea that whole place is flooded, it took us a long time to figure out exactly how to get in and we nearly got hurt badly getting out." James says concerned.

"I never knew safety came first during these problems James." Lea says sarcastically, James rolls his eyes.

"That's not what I mean, what I'm trying to say is that I don't want anyone to get hurt or worse or what if someone gets caught." James says.

"We've been through a lot worse, it's a quick in and out and done, I just need to assess the situation from close." Lea says.

"You shouldn't be going in there Lea, you've been through a lot and being in there would mess you up." Liv says worried, I felt the rage behind Lea's eyes as she stood up.

"Stop treating me like I'm some fucking fragile baby." Lea snaps angry, everyone but Liv flinches.

"I will treat you as a fragile baby until I see that you are in fact capable of going a full 5 minutes in here without needing to crumble to the floor." Liv says frustrated.

"Oh wow Liv, maybe you should worry about the baby in your stomach first before fucking worrying about me." Lea says angry, I quickly get up and turn her face to me.

"Breathe love." I tell her calmly, she's shaking in my hands.

"You're pregnant?" I hear Drew ask Liv, I wrap my attention around Lea only.

"You're fine, breathe." I say one more time and breathe in and out, Lea follows and every time she inhales she shakes a bit.

A couple minutes later her breathing slows down and her face floods with guilt and regret and she quickly pulls away from me.

"I didn't mean it, I'm sorry Liv, I just said what came first, I'm so so sorry." Lea says.

Liv laughs. "Don't worry about it, it was either way time I told Drew about it." Liv shrugs.
Drew looks excited as his eyes glance from Liv's eyes to her stomach than I see him place a hand on her stomach and smiles.
"We're sorry for treating you like a fragile baby, we just don't want to overwhelm you with all this now, if you think you can go than alright, as long as you take more people with you." Liv says smiling.

"I'm coming with." Thalia says and raises her hand, Alex's eyes quickly dart to her and he raises his hand, Alexa looks unsure and is about to lift her hand when Alex quickly mouths a no, she looks ready to argue but he mouths a please and she nods and doesn't lift her hand.

"Where Lea goes I go." I say raising my hand and smile, I see the blush creep up her neck and she ignores it.

"Drew and I have somethings we need to check tonight so we won't be able to join." James says apologetic, Liv is about to lift her hand up and Drew quickly pins it down.

"They're more than enough and we don't have a babysitter for tonight." Drew says grinning, I bring my attention back to Lea.

She smiles at their affection and I can see the memory and wishes flood her eyes, she shuts her eyes and reopens them before turning to me.

"You shouldn't be coming." Lea says confidently, she tilts her head and frowns. "Anything bad can happen."

I'm about to say something but James starts speaking. "Get ready and be safe out there, if anything happens I'm tearing apart that place to find you guys." And everyone gets up and walks away, Drew stops by and drops a kiss on top of Lea's head and ruffles her hair and she laughs and than quickly diverts her attention back to me.

"This is wrong, this is unfair for you, this is selfish of me Dyl." Lea says worried, I let my smile form as I get up from the stool and pull her into my chest. "No Dyl, you have your family waiting for you, your adventures, Davina as well and your whole life and-" I cut her off with a short kiss.

"You're my world and my life and someday I pray that you become part of my family as well, I'm staying by you no matter what you say or whatever happens." I say smiling, I can feel my heart and her heart, both beating fast.

She smiles and sighs before laying her head back on my chest. "Thank you for everything."

You're so in love with her...

There's no denying that.

--------

Alex's POV

I knew what was coming the moment we walk through Alexa's room door, Thalia throws her knife hard and fast and it impales itself an inch away from my ear.

"What is wrong with you?" Thalia asks angry, her gray eyes are just glowing with rage and her face is red.

"What's wrong with you first?" I ask frustrated. "You're the one who just jumped up as a volunteer to go back there."

"Both of you shut up." Alexa yells frustrated. "You're both acting immature and childish."

"This is my battle alright, let me deal with it." Thalia says boldly before removing her knife from the wall.

"This is our battle Thalia, we're supposed to be in this together." Alexa says annoyed. "Promise me you both will be safe tonight and you'll have each other's backs."

We both sigh and give her a nod.

"We'll be back before you know it." Thalia says confidently.