Chapter 29

I couldn't sleep, hours through the night, Damien was curled up against my side, the windows were open and a gentle breeze blows in, I remove myself from underground Damien and make my way to the bathroom, I rinse my face with cold water hoping that it will help.

When I come out, Damien is still curled up but his whole body is tense, his fists grip the sheets tightly, the room seemed to have gotten colder in the few minutes I was in the bathroom, I brush my hand over his head while whispering his name, he's mumbling something but I can't pick up the words, I shake him slightly and his eyes shoot open, his hand wraps around my neck and he turns us around, his hand tight around my neck.

"I will kill you." He sneers, my lungs are squeezing, my brain is shutting down, I try to push his hand away but it doesn't work, I call him over and over as spots form in my vision. "You will not take things away from me ever again." I reach over for the pillow on the side and smack him on the side, the shock of it has hesitation cross through Damien as he stares down at me and recognition flashes through his eyes followed by regret and guilt as he quickly gets off me muttering a string of "no".

I'm gasping for air, my throat burns but I sit up. "It's just a bad dream, you're safe." I reach for Damien and he pulls back and gets out of bed and I follow behind him, I pull him back and wrap my arms around his waist. "You're safe, you're out, you're with me." His body shakes and he buries his head on the crook of my neck.

Than he pulls back, avoiding my gaze, he tilts my neck upwards and brushes his fingers over the bruise of his hand. "I hurt you-"

"You didn't, I'm fine pumpkin." I reassure once again taking his hand in mines. "You don't scare me, you never did and you never will." Damien leans his forehead against mines, we stay like that for a while before thunderstorm blasts the sky. "Let's go up."

"It's going to rain soon." Damien states confused. "And it's cold."

I pull back and head to his closet, I take a hoodie and throw it at him. "Rain hasn't stopped us before pumpkin." He wears the hoodie still hesitant as I quickly tie my shoes and grab myself a sweater before we're both making our way up to the roof. I reach for Damien's hand and interlock our fingers as I tug him on a small jog. "You're a slow poke." I say with a chuckle.

Damien rolls his eyes. "Whatever helps you sleep princess." A few minutes later we're on the rooftop, it's slightly drizzling, the air is chilly. "I forgot how much I used to love this place." I take out my phone, find the song and start it, Damien raises a quizzical eyebrow at me, I hold out my hand and he takes it.

For a few seconds it's as though no time has passed between us, it's as though we went back in time and we're dancing on the rooftop for the first time ever. Damien eases into it as he turns me, we're laughing as we dance through the song with no care about the world, the rain had picked up slightly. When the song ends we're both breathless, Damien leans his forehead against mines, his hand goes around my waist and I take a deep breath in trying to inhale this moment, trying to make it last forever.

Damien leans closer, our noses are touching, my body is electrified, his eyes close and he takes a shuddering breath in, his other hand brushes over my neck before he steps back and starts to walk away, I grab his hand and pull him back before I go up on my feet and connect our lips.
Time freezes, I no longer feel the rain, I don't feel anything besides this moment right here.

I pull back, Damien's eyes are shut close, I bring my hand up and brush the back of it against his cheek, he releases a breath and leans further into my hand before opening his eyes. "When did you get so bold?" A smile dances on his lips as he brings his hand up to my cheek as well.

I smile. "I just got tired of seeing everything seep through my fingers when I could just take it."
A moment of silence passes between us and I lean my head down on his shoulder.

Just than it starts raining heavily, Damien grabs my hand and we run back inside while laughing like kids.
We get to his room still laughing, Damien leans his forehead against mines, both of us still breathless from the run. "You have no idea how much I missed your laugh." He breathes.

I smile and brush my hand over his cheek. "We'll have millions more laughs together Damien, we just have to be patient." He smiles back and than the air shifts, his gaze drops to my lips shortly before meeting my eyes, my heart picks up its pace. "We don't have to do anything princess-" I'm already kissing him, Damien is quick to catch on the kiss, his hand drifts down to my waist whilst the other just stays on my cheek,
Gentle and slow, almost hesitant.

I pull back suddenly daunted with the fact that I slept with Dylan. "I have to tell you something pumpkin." Damien nods, our lips just barely touching, I could feel the heat of his body. "I slept with Dylan." I blurt out and I feel his breathing stop so I shut my eyes close, too afraid to see his reaction.

Instead I feel his lips gently gliding over mines. "It doesn't matter princess, it doesn't change how I feel about you."

"But-" he cuts me off with a kiss, this one more desperate, I melt into it as I bring my hands up to his hair, his tongue brushes over my lips and I hastily open my mouth to let him in, my knees buckle underneath me but Damien is already gripping my waist, he walks me backwards until I fall back on the bed, Damien climbs over me and continues kissing me, this time more intense, his hands were all over my body, leaving trails of fireworks, my hands fumbled to get a grip of anything and eventually go back to his hair with a slight tug that has Damien groan against my mouth, igniting a bundle of nerves deep inside me.

Damien pulls back and drags his lips down to my jaw, than to the side of neck where he bites lightly and sucks, suddenly I'm mess of gasps, trying to get as much air as I possibly can inside my lungs, I bite down on my lip as Damien drags his lips to a little spot just behind my ear and my eyes roll back as he kisses the spot tenderly.

"More-" I breathe out.

"Impatient aren't we." Damien teases, his lips find mines just as his hands find the hem of my sweater, he pulls back and slides my sweater and my shirt over my head, leaving my chest bare to him, the cold wind brushes over me, I throw my arm over my eyes to hopefully conceal the heat on my face. Damien pecks my lips quickly and I can feel his smile in the kiss. "You have always been so adorable when you're shy princess."

I groan embarrassed and remove my arm from my head and find Damien smiling at me from above me and suddenly all my nervousness disappears as I bring my hands up to his hoodie and pull it over his head to expose his chest, there were so many scars that I feel tears pooling in my eyes as I brush my hand over them, Damien holds my hand and brings it to his lips, his other hand wipes my tears away.

"All that matters is now, that's it, you and me, right now." He states, I nod and lean up to kiss him.

"You and me." I breathe out.
And the night fades away with the pleasure and passion, him and I, together as it should always be.

                                   --------

Hello everyone.

How are you?

1.Yes yes, I do know this book is slow as hell and I am barely ever updating it but I'll get to the ending.

2. And also, I hate the "skip to morning" or "fade away" scenes where there should be more but in this part, I decided to just go with it simply because nothing felt right when I was writing but worry not dear readers, there will be more;)

3. And Ever Since I Met You is growing so well which makes me the happiest person ever, if you're one of those people who are here from the first book, I just want to say a massive thank you.

Lots of love
Humyyussuf