Chapter 3: The Journey Begins

Link began to head for the door before realising that he had no idea where he even was. Though he was not about to let that stop him, when he was lost, he always found a way. Even when it seemed impossible.

Before he could open the door though, the King stepped in front of it, shaking his head. Link tilted his head to the side and arched an eyebrow in confusion, he was about to ask why he was being stopped from leaving when the King's eyes narrowed and he pointed over to the other side of the room, where Midna was sat with her usual cocky expression written on her face.

"I'll allow Midna to do the honours of explaining what you will have to know before continuing on the journey." The King stated and stepped aside.

Link turned around to face the giddy little imp. He took a few steps forward and then gave her a nod to continue.

"Come on Link, we have to get moving." She urged him, standing up and going over to open the door.

"Woah, hold up! Where are we going? And exactly what are we going to do?" He quizzed as he caught up with Midna, who was already outside the door.

"Before we begin our quest, we will need to visit a few familiar places. Our first stop however, is right here in Castle Town." She informed him.

"Easy peasy. No problem there." He responded, with a dose of boyish confidence in his voice.

"Whilst here, you need to speak with Telma, you still know her right?" Midna questioned, a little concerned that he may not remember.

Unlike the rest of the Hylians though, he seemed to remember perfectly fine as he gave her a little nod to say that he did, indeed, remember Telma.

"Be safe on your journey brave Link and young Midna. I will be here in the castle if you should happen to need me." The King bid farewell.

Once they were outside and further into Castle Town, nearing the fountain, Link stopped. He couldn't help but think about the long journey ahead of them, but asides from that, his brain had only just registered with him what Midna had asked. It was an odd question since there should be no reason why he wouldn't remember Telma, the bar owner with several cats as friends.

Despite the strange question, he knew that he would most likely find out why once they reached her Tavern. Unlike near the castle itself, Castle Town was crowded with rich Hylians. Usually they would be going around, minding their own business and doing what had to be done, however Link instantly noticed how they were all running around as though they were frantically searching for something - most likely a safe place to hide - and some were even wielding weapons while others were making them out of any random object that they could find. Extremely odd for the calm population of this town, he thought to himself quietly as he stopped and waited for Midna to catch up. He hadn't noticed how fast he had been walking until he had looked back only to notice that there was quite a distance between himself and her.

"What are you standing there for?!" She asked disapprovingly as she finally caught him up. "We have to meet up with Telma, remember?" She insisted.

Link was about to open his mouth to speak and tell her that he had been waiting for her when he quickly remembered that she could easily teleport herself to him using magic. So rather than giving her that answer, he continued walking down the south side of Castle Town, past the fountain and down the little walk way and the steps that led to Telma's Tavern.

Stood near the doors, with Midna by his side, he waited for her approval before opening the doors. Once she had given him that little encouraging nod, that he was used to by now, he fiddled with the doorknob and twisted it to the left until the door opened.