Chapter 13: All The Demons

"Come on Link... Wake up... Hyrule needs you. Your friends and Epona need you. The Princess needs you." Midna whispered in his ears.

"My dear Midna, I am afraid that being in the catatonic state that he is, he won't be able to hear you. All that we can do for him has already been done. The only thing left to do is wait for him to awaken." Impaz informed her while gently pulling her away from the hero that was laid on the table.

Midna sighed in defeat and allowed herself to be led away from her best friend. She wished desperately that there was something that she could do to help rather than just sitting around and waiting. She felt guilty for being unable to stop the attack or at least help Link fight them off.

"Oh I'm sorry... I just really wish that there was some way to help." She stated.

"Well if you'd really like to do something, maybe you should go and bring Epona back here, ready for when he will travel again." The small old lady suggested.

"Of course! I can't believe I forgot about her. I'll be back in no time!" Midna exclaimed excitedly and rushed out of the building.

Maybe there wasn't a way to help Link directly right now, but the least that she could do was bring his horse back to safety for him.

*************
"This next memory is quite dark, I should warn you. There are only three left now, but they will not be easy on you. Are you sure you're ready for it?" Hylia warned.

"Not exactly... But there's no time for me to be ready. The Princess needs my help, and I have to do whatever it takes." Link replied determinedly.

Although he was not quite sure how he'd gotten to this point, he had not forgotten the current situation nor the quest that he'd been on when he had somehow ended up here. There were so many questions that he wanted to ask the Goddess, but at the same time he knew that there was absolutely no time to waste... so he settled on the most important question only.

"Um... Erh... Goddess, I was just wondering if I may ask you how it is that I got here?" He stammered nervously.

"Oh you poor boy... You really have no clue, do you?... Very well then. I shall explain. You see, you're not physically here. That nice companion of yours and yourself were out in the woods when you got attacked. You got hurt pretty badly and right now your physical body is banged up in Kakariko, whilst your mind is here... working through your trauma in attempt to become stronger to stand a better chance at fighting Zant." Hylia explained.

Panic and fear coursed through him as he took in what was being said. If he wasn't physically here, but rather unconscious in Kakariko Village, then that meant that no progress was being made in his quest and with each second that passed, the Princess was in greater danger. He couldn't stand the idea of being too late to save her. His desperation to get back to his physical body grew stronger than ever.

"Let's see these last three memories please, so that I can finally get back to my body and save her." Link requested in a voice that was monotonous.

"Very well then, let's go." Hylia agreed and began leading him down yet another tunnel.

This one led him back to his former home village, where he had been residing when the Twilight invasion had begun. Being back now, Link felt a mix of both comfort and pain. The people here had treated him like one of their own for as long as he was there, they were like family to him. But he couldn't help feeling the absence of the one who mattered most out of all there. Ilia. Though he knew that because this was only a memory, she was still alive here.