Chapter 16: A New Strength

"Don't worry girl, you shall be reunited with your master very soon." Midna soothed as she led Epona towards Kakariko Village.

Being on her own, it had been a silent journey to collect Epona from outside Faron Woods, and even now all she could do was speak soft and soothing words to the horse. They weren't awfully far from the Village and as they neared the gates, Midna began to slow down a little with worrisome thoughts about Link's comatose state filling her head.

She feared that he might never wake and then both the Kingdom of Light and Twilight would be doomed by Zant forever and the Princess of Hyrule... She dreaded to think what would become of Zelda and the baby that she carried. But she knew that she couldn't let those thoughts take over her. Right now, the fate of everyone was in her hands, and right now she needed to remain focused on finding a way to bring Link back to the waking world.

"Oh Zelda... If only you were here with me now, you would not only know what to do, but I know for certain that Link would wake up for you..." She whispered into the silence of the open air.

With a defeated sigh, she continued through the entrance, hanging her head in shame.

"I know you are taking great care of my dear Link..." A soft voice came from behind her.

Lifting her head and turning around, she was confused and surprised to see Zelda... Or rather, a spirit version of the Princess, standing before her. Without hesitation, she bowed as best she could in her imp form.

"Your highness... I really don't know what more I can do... I've tried so hard to wake him and nothing seems to be working. He needs to wake or... Or more bad things are going to happen." Midna half cried.

Zelda gave a sympathetic smile to the Twilight Princess, her face warm and glowing. She stood just a few inches away from Midna and when she began to speak, her face softened.

"Don't be so hard on yourself... The service you have done for Hyrule and for Link is outstanding and I will forever be grateful for it. Thank you for guiding him along the journey, he needs you in this."

"Not as much as he needs you... I'm lost on what to do, and I need your help."

"Well as you can see, in this form there isn't very much that I can do. However, there are a few words that you should pass on to him. Perhaps that would help."

"Pass on words? You really think words are going to bring him out of it? I highly doubt that."

"Trust me on this... When you get back to him, get close to his ears and whisper these exact words to him..."

As if to demonstrate, Zelda moved in closer to Midna, put her mouth next to her ear and whispered four words to her.

"Those are nice words and all... But are you sure about this?" Midna asked, doubtful of this advice.

"Almost one hundred percent." Zelda confirmed.

"Well... Okay then... I'll take your word for it. I just hope that you are right."

"I have to go now... Zant is coming to check up on my body. If he sees that it is doll-like due to me being here then who knows what he will do... I am counting on you, Midna!"

Before she could even begin to question the Princess about Zant, she was gone, leaving only the two of them there to continue the path back to Link.

"What do you think, girl? Is Zelda right about this?" Midna asked as they slowly headed up the path back to where Impaz lived.

As though she understood what she was being asked, Epona whinnied and nodded her head as if she were trying to give an answer.