Chapter 14: His Personal Angel

Staring in disbelief, Link didn't quite know what to say. He had mustered up the courage to walk over to her and take both of her Porcelain like hands into his own, rough and calloused ones.

"It's good to see you Link."

"It's good to see you too, Princess."

"My dear Knight, I see that you have been struggling a lot since starting this quest..."

"Oh Zelda, it's not a big deal, really it's not. I can carry on, it's not a problem at a-"

"Hush, it's okay. You are allowed to admit that you're struggling, we all need help at times." She interrupted.

Dropping his hands to his side, his face twisted into an expression of pain as he struggled with his memories.

"But I have no recollection of the events of that night. How am I supposed to save you and the rest of Hyrule when I can't remember?"

"Oh Link... You can do it. I believe in you, and I always will."

"Please, I need to know what happened that night."

With his pleading eyes burning into her own, Zelda tore her eyes away for a few seconds, weighing up their options. If she were to fill him in on those events, it might be the final straw that could break him. But then again, if she kept the information to herself, Link wouldn't stand a chance against Zant.

"Alright, I shall tell you but in return you have to promise me one thing."

"Anything. Of course, anything you want."

"Please Link... Do not let the recollection of those events crush you."

"I promise."

Satisfied with his cooperation, the Princess stood silent for a second, going over the events in her head before speaking them aloud to ensure that she had everything in order.

"You see, after you passed out, those despicable creatures attempted to attack you while you were down. I couldn't just stand by and watch so I made a move. Before they could touch you, I grabbed the Master Sword from where you had dropped it, and I managed to slay them somehow... But then Zant himself showed up, and I just... I wasn't strong enough to take him down alone."

Link stared at his love in shock at this new piece of information. He wasn't surprised at all about the Princess fighting, he always knew that she was capable of that. Instead he was more surprised at Zant showing up, and was desperate to hear the rest of the story.

"Stupidly, he tried to lay his hands on the sword, which shocked him. That gave me just enough time to call on Hylia and have her store the sword away deep into Faron Woods, inside the Sacred Grove where the Temple of Time is located. Before I could use the power provided by the Triforce, Zant had already recovered and he used his powers to weaken my own. As soon as I was too weak to move, he closed in on me and used one final hit to knock me unconscious. After that he left you lying on the floor and took my body with him into the Twilight Realm, storing it in a glass coffin." She finished explaining.