Chapter 10: Challenges Ahead

Dear Diary,
Today I learned something. Or rather... I made a discovery. These past few days I have been feeling strange. My lady's maid had suggested that I go see the Castle Town doctor. After hesitating for a little bit, I reluctantly agreed. I hate having to go to places like that unless it is something that is absolutely necessary.

My faithful Knight, who is also the love of my life, escorted me there. However, I had asked him to wait outside since I did not want to alarm him. I told him that it was just a regular check in that had been ordered by my father... oh how I hate withholding the truth.

The hour that I have spent in there really has set the sword in stone for what will become of me. My father cannot know about this until he learns about my relationship with Link. Unfortunately, that will not be an easy thing to inform him of, so I will hold off for as long as possible. Until my secret can no longer be hidden. Though for as long as I hide it from my father, I cannot hide it from my love. He deserves to know the truth. However I do not even know where to begin. How am I supposed to tell him that I am with child? Furthermore that it is his child.

Oh, Goddess Hylia, if you can hear me right now, please give me the strength I need to tell Link the truth that he deserves. All the possible outcomes are killing me. What if he decides that this is not the life for him? Or I am not the one he wants? These thoughts are overwhelming me and he always senses when something is up with me. I do hope that I am able to.... Hold that thought, my Knight has just knocked on my chamber doors. Maybe this is the Goddess answering my prayers...wish me luck with telling him.

"Link?" Midna questioned again.

But he just couldn't form the words he needed to speak. This new information only increased the feeling of urgency he already had. Upon reading the page he had quickly decided that from now on he was not going to take anymore breaks, and would not rest until the Princess was safely in his arms again. Aside the urgency, shock was rattling his body. His mind was buzzing with thoughts about what he'd just read.

Excitement.

Dizziness.

Fear.

He was going to be a father? It was something that he had never considered... or even thought about since he was always off on dangerous missions to save the kingdom. There was never time to think about his legacy and what he would leave behind after he was gone. He had never pictured himself in a home with a white picket fence surrounded by children, but now that he was, it was an image that made him feel all warm and fuzzy. Yesterday was the day when he and Zelda were supposed to be married, and it pained him to let another day slip by. With persistency and determination, he would rescue his love before the week's end and by the end of the following week, they would be husband and wife.

"No time for small talk! We need to get going." He stated sternly, placing the journal back on the nightstand and turning towards the door.

The master sword would not be easy to find. Link knew this for a fact from his many past experiences. There would most likely be a trial; pulling it out of a stone or using many different techniques to prove that he was worthy. It was unclear what had happened to the sword this time though. If Zant and his shadow creatures had not stolen it then someone magical would have picked it up and stored it away, awaiting for his arrival to retrieve it. Without a word to Midna, he headed out of the room and down the stairs, back towards the throne room. Then back into Castle Town centre to where he had left Epona in the care of one of the young lady's.