Chapter 5: Friendship, Amity

Sheira's POV

"Why is the room so dirty?!" I sighed. It seems that this hasn't been cleaned for weeks.

Every surface was layered in a thick coat of dust, untouched for what seemed like an eternity. Cobwebs hung like delicate lace from the corners, their resident spiders long since departed.

The wooden floorboards creaked underfoot, each step stirring up another cloud of dust.

In the corner, a rickety chair sat precariously, its cushion worn and faded. Next to it, a wooden table stood with a layer of dust so thick, you could write your name on it.

I roll up my sleeves, ready to tackle the task at hand. I can already imagine how the room will look once it's clean, and that thought fuels my determination.

I start by opening the windows, letting the fresh air stream in, replacing the stale, dusty air. The sunlight filters in, highlighting the areas that need the most attention.

I grab my cleaning supplies and start with the dusting, wiping down every surface. The dust particles dance in the sunlight as they're disturbed, but I'm relentless, not letting any corner escape my attention.

Yuri entered the room, casting a discerning glance at the chaos within. "How's the cleaning coming along, Sheira?"

I sighed, my voice an echo in the cluttered space. "I'm still far from done. This room is a disaster."

Yuri, with a casual grin, offered, "Let me lend a hand."

"Thanks!"

Days had passed since our triumphant expedition. The whole team was buzzing with the excitement of making a significant mark on history.

We had finally uncovered the weaknesses of our adversaries, a victory that wouldn't have been possible without the sacrifices of our fallen comrades.

Suddenly, the area seemed unusually busy. Was there some event I wasn't aware of?

"Everyone please assemble at the castle!" a female soldier informed.

"What's happening?" I asked.

"Perhaps the King has an announcement. Or it could be because it's his birthday today," Yuri replied.

"Wait, it's the King's birthday today? How do you know that?"

"Isn't it common knowledge? How come you didn't know?"

I was taken aback. I had no idea it was the King's birthday. What kind of soldier am I?

As we all headed towards the castle, I noticed a waterfall within the kingdom's walls.

"Yuri, isn't it strange to have a waterfall inside a kingdom?" I asked.

When I turned to look at him, he was grinning. Was he a fan of waterfalls?

"Yuri?"

"Sorry, I was just admiring the waterfall. It's so beautiful. I wonder what's beyond it."

"So, you're fond of waterfalls?"

"Absolutely! There's something about the sound of the water that I find soothing."

I was surprised. Despite knowing Yuri for so long, I had no idea about his love for waterfalls.

Eventually, we reached the castle. The King stood before us, ready to address his subjects.

"This is a special day for me, a day I wish to share with all of you, especially you, the brave warriors of ZiYou. Today is my birthday, and I want to express my gratitude for your unwavering loyalty to ZiYou. And to those who have fallen on the battlefield, your sacrifice is deeply appreciated."