Chapter 19: Continued Story

Eamon's POV

Is everything finally over? After the long battle with the Heians, I look up and breathe a sigh of relief. Finally, we will be able to live a happy life. I could...

I lack the courage to finish the sentence. Let us wait and see what happens in the future. For the time being, ending the battle is a huge relief.

Sheira has a set of perplexing eyes fixed on the huge tree. Is it possible that she saw something or that the tree is familiar to her? The war, however, is over. There might not be anything to be worried about any longer.

Sheira's POV

"Sheira," Eamon tapped my shoulder as I took my gaze away from the tree and smiled at him. I feel relieved, and there is a different feeling that causes my heart to beat faster than usual. I've never experienced anything like this before. It's not the same...

"Eamon. Once again, thank you," I smiled at him as he gave me the same look.

I can't thank him enough for everything he has done for me. He cared about me, he protected me, and he rescued me. I get a strange feeling in my heart whenever I look at him. But I'm not sure what's wrong with me, and that's just...strange.

"Let's get out of here. Our squad members might be waiting for us outside," He turned his back towards a light...LIGHT?!

"Eamon, a light," I walked past him as I pointed out to the light.

"Eamon?" as I was looking back at him, he was just standing there staring at the light, dropping his sword to the ground. I walked closer to him as I blocked the light out of his eyes, and he stared at me speechlessly.

"Eamon, it's over. We won," I held both of his arms as I rubbed his fine robe gently.

"We won," he added.

"Let's go."

I began to amble towards the light as Eamon followed behind me, watching me approach the exit. He didn't pull his sword as he usually does. He appears to be much more at ease and serene.

The light began to get brighter and brighter, as we were near to the exit I held my next step, and turned around to see Eamon also stopping, looking at me with a relaxed face. I bounced toward him as I pulled him closer, encircled my arms around him, and whispered, "Thank you, Eamon. For everything."

I smiled at him as I started to run and regroup with the squad. Eamon continues to stride after me, a joyful expression on his face.

The Heians will be extinct and the fog will be gone, according to the text, if we successfully kill its master. The Heians have been deactivated, and they are all lying down on the ground. We can now see the huge ball hovering in the sky once more. But for now, it will be there, watching us.

But sadly, there are a lot of soldiers who sacrifice themselves for our victory. To pay respect to our fallen heroes, we rested one knee on the ground and lowered our head, right on top of the ground full of the blood of our great heroes. Without them, we cannot reach this far and won't achieve this victory.

We lost someone we love, we lost a part of our family.
A friend.
A brother.
A sister.
A mother.
and...
A father.

To achieve something, there's a price we have to pay. With their deaths, our kingdom can finally be free from its old nightmare. But we soldiers, for the sake of Ziyou, will always be aware and keep it protected no matter what.

After paying them respect, we stood up from kneeling and gathered with our members. Everyone wrapped their arms around each other, the hug was warm also comforting as a cup of hot tea. Thanks to every one of us, this mission has become successful.

Eamon seems to be more open and starts a conversation with others, letting go of his heaviest burdens and starting a new life. We lost a part of him, the cold Eamon. But, I am glad to see a positive side of him.

I ambled towards Eamon and I wrapped my arms around his body as I hugged him tight. Suddenly, his arms wrapped around me like veins on a tree. "I...thank you, Sheira," He whispered softly into my ears.

I smiled as I thanked him back while the both of us didn't let go and stood there hugging each other. Before we realized it, the rest of our squad members were watching us with a surprised-looking face. Eamon also realized, then we let go of each other as the situation was getting awkward.

I can hear the wind blowing as it softly brushes my hair. Eamon walks away from us and he seems to be embarrassed after what just happened. First time.

After a while, all of us took our way back to the kingdom to bring the good news and take a break after the restless battle.

***

A month has passed and life was peaceful and full of joy. Everyone could live a life without worrying about getting eaten by huge dogs anymore. The sun shone brightly as it bathed the buildings while the children were running around and playing with each other. Adults and teenagers hang out with their friends and family without any burden to carry.

The commander became a temporary ruler of the kingdom while we were still looking for someone worthy to sit on the throne and make ZiYou a better place.

Me and Eamon are having a cup of tea together in his house while waiting for the other teapot to heat up. He has that cheerful face all the time and the way he speaks is different. I am happy for him as um...a friend. But, what if he is more than just a "friend"?

Before I could finish my thoughts, a soldier knocked on the door multiple times harder and harder. Eamon immediately opens the door to see what happens outside.

"Emergency!" The soldier shouted while still catching his breath.

"What happened? You looked like someone who just burned his house by accident," Eamon questioned.

"Countless Heians are wandering inside the kingdom and attacking our soldiers and citizens!" The man exclaimed.

I immediately stood up after hearing the news while Eamon was looking at me with a different face. He seems to be very surprised and furious at the same time. What on earth is happening?!

"Those ugly dogs," Those words spitted out from his mouth while clenching his hand. Eamon is angry, and the rage inside him begins to bloom once again. I can feel it.

"Deploy the troops and protect the citizens. That's our priority," I commanded.

"Where did the Heians come from?" Eamon asked.

"Someone said that they are coming out from the waterfall inside the kingdom," the man replied.

"Wha-"

"LOOK OUT!"

To be continued...