Chapter 14: Unveiling Secrets

"It's... a hidden door."

Sheira's POV

As both of us stood there, the wall suddenly opened and revealed a route directly into it.

Is this what those people from earlier were referring to? Anything behind the castle walls may be true. The only way to find out is to investigate on our own.

Eamon's POV

So, that's it. The secret entrance to something we could never have imagined before. Maybe we'll be able to locate something valuable that those people desire. The King must have kept these goods hidden from us, even the military, in a secure location. That is to say, there is a vital item beyond the castle walls that must be guarded and secured.

Fortunately, she was leaning against this wall, so we could find what the King was looking for. Now that we've figured out how to get in, we should hurry up and complete our job.

Sheira appeared to be taken aback by what she had done. But there's no time to squander because the King is eagerly waiting for our good news. I should lead the way in slowly, without making any noise that would draw attention from the outside.

Sheira's POV

"Sheira."

"What?"

"Make sure the door is locked," He added.

While I walked slowly towards the door to inspect it, Eamon began to move a few steps deeper within the wall.

"It's locked," I confirmed.

Eamon turned to face me and nodded, indicating that he understood. I decided to follow him inside the walls as he continued walking forward.

He took a candle from the table and lit it to illuminate the path inside. From behind, I slowly followed him, making sure everything was in order.

The path to the inside was so extensive that we'd been walking for quite some time and still hadn't arrived. I had no idea there was a place this deep inside the castle wall, or what was kept behind those massive walls.

We finally arrived after a few minutes of walking. A small room hidden behind the wall was crammed with books and other things inside. These items appear to have been stored here for a long time.

"Look for anything important. I'll check the right side while you check the left," he commanded.

Without wasting a moment, Eamon began his search, meticulously going through each book and crate. I followed suit, carefully examining everything to ensure that we didn't miss anything.

As I was engrossed in my search, Eamon called out my name. "Sheira, come here," he said, as if he had stumbled upon something significant. He held up an old book with a crimson-colored cover, on which two words were scribbled: '黑暗'.

"Hei-an?" I repeated, feeling a sense of intrigue and confusion. We both fell silent, unsure of the meaning behind those words. Could it be a regular book with an unusual title, or does it hold a deeper significance in this context?

Eamon opened the book and started flipping through the pages rapidly, catching me off guard. But something felt off. He kept flipping through the pages, but all he found were old, blank sheets without a single word written on them.

As I resumed my search, the sound of pages turning continued. It went on for a while before suddenly coming to a halt, just like Eamon. Curiosity piqued, I glanced towards the end of the book where he remained motionless. I approached him to see what had caught his attention, causing him to become still and unresponsive for a brief moment.