Chapter 27: Twilight's Edge

Sheira's POV

Our days in the ancient city were filled with discovery and excitement. Each scroll we deciphered, each artifact we unearthed, brought us closer to the truth about the Era of Shadows.

One day, while exploring a secluded part of the palace, Eamon called out to me. "Sheira, you need to see this," he said, his voice echoing through the halls.

I rushed over to find him standing before a grand mural. It was a breathtaking depiction of the great gathering, each kingdom represented by a symbol. The mural was remarkably preserved, its colors vibrant, almost glowing.

As we studied the mural, Eamon's finger traced a particular symbol - the symbol of Ziyou. "Look," he said, pointing at a figure in the mural. The figure was holding a staff, identical to the ancient one found in Ziyou.

The realization hit us at the same moment. The figure in the mural was Zane, the great ruler of Ziyou from the tales. Zane was not just a ruler, but a key figure in the Era of Shadows, a bridge between Ziyou and the other kingdoms.

The truth about the Era of Shadows was finally revealed. It was an era of unity and shared knowledge, a time when Ziyou was part of a larger community of kingdoms. Zane, our ancestor, had played a crucial role in fostering this unity.

As the truth sank in, I felt a sense of awe and gratitude. We had uncovered the truth about Ziyou's past, about our place in the world. It was a truth that would change Ziyou forever.

"Your Majesty, you might want to see this," Suffine found something from the prophecy.

The prophecy had spoken not of the Heians, but of an impending attack from another country. Lorendale, a kingdom we had no prior knowledge of, was planning an assault on Ziyou

The signs were all there - the sky ablaze with streaks of red, the sea in turmoil. Lorendale, it seemed, had been preparing for this attack while we were away, exploring the ancient city.

Eamon turned to me, his face pale. "Sheira, we need to warn Ziyou. Lorendale is planning an attack!"

The joy of discovery was quickly replaced by a sense of urgency. We needed to reach Ziyou as quickly as possible, to prepare our kingdom for the impending assault.

As our ship cut through the turbulent seas, I couldn't help but feel a sense of determination. We had uncovered the truth about Ziyou's past, and now, we were ready to protect its future.

With the prophecy guiding us and the threat of Lorendale looming, we raced against time to reach Ziyou.

The threat of war hung over Ziyou like a dark cloud. As we docked at the harbor, a hush fell over the crowd that had gathered. Their faces were etched with worry, their eyes filled with questions. Eamon and I exchanged a glance, the weight of our mission settling on our shoulders.

Without wasting a moment, we headed straight to the council chambers, the prophecy heavy in our minds. As we laid out the threat from Lorendale, the chamber fell into a stunned silence. The council members, seasoned warriors and strategists, looked at each other, their faces grave.

"We must prepare for war," I declared, my voice steady despite the fear clawing at my heart. "Lorendale is planning an attack, and we must be ready."

The following days were a whirlwind of activity. Orders were barked, weapons were sharpened, and defenses were fortified. The kingdom of Ziyou, just got its peace, was now a hive of activity, the air charged with a mix of anticipation and fear.

Every day, Eamon and I would meet with the council, discussing strategies and going over plans. At night, we would pour over the ancient book and the map, the symbols that once seemed cryptic now a beacon of hope.