𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄

a/n: chapter 2 is ready to publish once this gets 25 votes! :)

a/n 2: sorry i keep editing this / people keep getting notifications! i'm constantly going back and re reading to make sure i've fixed everything i want to fix and so far, ever time, i've found something i missed 😭

────────── · 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ──────────

J. JONAH JAMESON WAS AT IT AGAIN. "Spider-Man is a coward! The good that he has done does NOT excuse any of the bad. Who is he? If you're watching this, show yourself and we—"

MJ mutes the TV as he goes on and on about Spider-Man and how he should identify himself... again. "Sorry about that," she turns to Tillie and shrugs. "Boss likes to keep the news on all day. Eventually I'm sure he'll have you working up here by yourself and as long as he's not out here, you can do what I usually do and just have it on mute. But if he's in the back in his office, you'll have to listen for the door opening so you can turn the sound back on. Trust me, you don't want that lecture."

"A lot of people seem to be obsessed with Spider-Man."

Another shrug. "Pretty much. Ever since the whole Mysterio deal. Not me though."

"You're not curious who he is?" Tillie is surprised. It seemed like these days, everyone wanted the 'masked vigilante' to reveal himself.

"Nope."

The little bell rings just then, signaling someone entering the shop. They both turn, and MJ waves the person over. "Ned, Tillie. Tillie, Ned. It's her second day here."

The young boy smiles before sitting down and putting his backpack on the counter and taking a pamphlet out.

"MIT huh?" That was one of the schools that Tillie had been considering, well... before.

"Yup! That's the plan. We got rejected actually but then the school called and asked us to come in and... I don't know what happened, really. But we got in early acceptance!"

She couldn't help but smile at how excited he was. "Well, congrats! That's amazing. I wish I knew what I was doing after graduation."

"Oh are you a senior too, that's awesome! Where have you applied?"

Tillie appreciated that Ned seems genuinely curious. It had been a while since she had friends her own age, and so far MJ and Ned were really nice. "Umm... nowhere, actually. I still have no clue what I want to do with my life. I don't want to go to college just for the sake of going so I'm taking a gap year. Giving myself that time to just work and decide what I want to do."

MJ munches on a donut, using her free hand to point to Tillie. "Now that's a good idea. If I'd thought more about it before I would probably do that too, if only just to save up a little more money. But with the whole you're not accepted no wait you are accepted thing with MIT, I don't think I can afford to take any chances. It would've been cool though, take some time off from learning and just focus on work and saving up."

"Yeah," Ned nods in agreement. "I already know I'm gonna have to get a part time job whenever I'm not in class if I want any extra spending money."