𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎

chapter 3 ready to go at 30 votes!

────────── · 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ──────────

WHEN PETER WALKED INTO THE SHOP, TILLIE SQUINTED. "There's our best customer! Wait what's your name again? No, hold on, don't tell me. Oh yeah, Peter Parker!" She snapped and pointed at the boy as he walked into the shop, pretending to suddenly remember his name. He shook his head, but had a big smile on his face as he waved and made his way over to her at the cash register.

She'd been working there for almost a week now, and today was the first day she was left to run the place on her own. Peter had been in every day, and it was always the same routine. He'd order a large hot coffee, and sit at the counter for a while.

MJ was nice enough to chat with him a few times if she wasn't busy, but she'd spoken her thoughts out loud after he left a few days ago, saying he must really love the coffee to keep buying it from them.

Tillie suspected it was more than that, she noticed the way he'd look at MJ whenever she was occupied with another customer. She guessed that today was no different, he came in to see her once again. But he was always nice and would talk to her too, so she had a feeling that he would be too polite to leave when he realized MJ wasn't there.

And she was right, he looked around for a few seconds, but quickly recovered and asked for a large hot coffee.

"She's off for the next two days," Tillie spoke as she mindlessly wiped down the counter.

"Huh?"

"MJ. You guys are friends right? She's off today and tomorrow so it's just me here."

"Oh, n-no that's... I just... really like — coffee," he shrugged, and Tillie pretended not to notice him get a little red.

She raised her eyebrows, then shrugged. "If you say so Peter Parker."

"Alright Ottilie Mikaels, how has your day been so far?"

"Wow I just got flashbacks to being in trouble when I was younger. I think it's been years since anyone has used my full name. But it's been okay. Not busy, then again it usually never is. Did have some creepy guy come in and he was asking really weird questions. He got pretty upset when I shut him down but other than that, I'd say it's been a pretty good day."

"Had you seen him before? Did he say his name?" Peter was always wary of anyone who was a little too pushy or aggressive, especially given the things he'd seen and the people he'd come across, and he was already mentally noting to ask Karen to look the guy up if Tillie remembered his name.

"I haven't seen him around before, he said his name when he first came in but I don't remember. A little aggressive but I'm sure he was harmless. That was a few hours ago and he hasn't been back since so I think I'm safe."

A family walked in, and for the next few minutes Tillie was busy helping them. Peter stayed in his seat at the counter, quietly sipping his coffee. He glanced at his new friend a few times, trying to work out if he knew her from somewhere.