𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

a/n: sorry if this is too slow of a slow burn. i'm aiming for a long story so there's a loooooot more to come!! we're getting to lots more tillie + peter content i promise ♥️ THANK YOU FOR 1.5k READS!!!!

────────── · 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ──────────

PETER DIDN'T KNOW WHAT TO DO. December 25th wasn't the first time he'd hung out with Tillie. And he didn't know the exact moment, but at some point, things felt different. When it came down to it, he felt conflicted. And after laying in bed for an hour doing nothing but staring at the ceiling while he tried to think things over, he was no closer to well... anything. He had no idea what to do.

Did he like Tillie, as more than a friend? Was that even possible considering they'd really only hung out a few times? And even if he did, what did that mean for MJ? Peter couldn't imagine not being with her given all that they'd gone through.

But, especially given all that they'd gone through, he didn't know if they'd ever be together again. Before they ever got together, they were friends first. And before they became friends, when it was just him and Ned, she was always still kind of there. But when he thought about it further, he still didn't see how it would be possible for things to go back to how they were.

That was something that began to cross Peter's mind more and more these days. He promised Ned and MJ that he'd find them and explain everything again, but how could he do that now? Yeah that's what he said in that moment, and at the time he genuinely meant it. But things felt different now that they no longer remembered him.

If he walked up to the two of them right now and said hey Ned we've actually been best friends for a while now, and MJ you and I were dating. Oh, and I'm Spider-Man, by the way. You guys have known about that for a while now too... they'd think he was insane.

It saddened him every time he went into the coffee shop. Seeing his former best friend and girlfriend still being friends while he was just a stranger. But he'd been going in nearly every day for a good while now, and he couldn't imagine stopping.

Part of him feels like that would be worse. Of course it pains him to be basically nobody to them, but at least this way he still got to see and talk to them.

Not so much Ned, because he was only in maybe once a week, but still. And he was sort of making progress with MJ. Well... not really. But he hoped that in her mind, they were at least friends now.

But what about Tillie? Where did she fit in to Peter's mess of a life? She'd come into it at the perfect time. When he needed someone there for him but didn't really know it yet. And he didn't know it either, but she needed him too.

What were these feelings that he had for her? And whether he was thinking about his friendship with Ned, former relationship with MJ, or new friendship / potential relationship(?) with Tillie, it still came down to one major detail: Spider-Man. With any of the only 3 friends in Peter's life, he couldn't imagine telling any of them who he was anytime soon.

Peter surprised himself though. When he tried to picture telling one of them, he first thought of Tillie. His friendship with her had progressed way further than his sort-of friendship with Net and MJ even though he hadn't known her as long. And some part of him felt like if he told her, maybe she would understand, or at least try to. It helped that she seemed think whoever was under the mask was a good person.