𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄

11:30pm update because i can't sleep. longer than previous chapters, enjoy! edited to add, please vote for the chapters if you're enjoying the story :)
~

────────── · 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ──────────

     IT WAS NOW 1AM. Tillie hadn't anticipated staying out late, and definitely hadn't expected any of what happened.

She didn't even want to know what bruises she'd find when she looked in the mirror tomorrow. But exhaustion overtook all worries, and Tillie simply took a hot shower and collapsed onto her bed, falling asleep within minutes.

When she finally woke up around noon, Tillie was amazed that she'd slept almost 11 hours. After careful inspection, she was pleased that the only injury that could be seen was a small cut and bruise, both on her left arm. But it was winter, and no one would question when she stuck to long sleeved shirts and hoodies.

She finally settled on making her favorite meal for lunch in an attempt to get a good start to the day, but now couldn't decide what to do. It was Christmas, and most things were closed.

Glancing to her couch, she noticed the box that had been placed behind it. The Lego Death Star that had been won in that radio contest. Hmm, Tillie thought to herself.

"Even if I end up hating it, at least this gives me something to do," she mumbled as she picked up the box. Looking around, she decided to move the small table in her living room, and set up in front of the TV.

An hour later, Tillie leans back against the wall. "Holy shit," she whispers to herself. She knew 4,016 pieces was a lot, but seeing everything separated on the floor in piles, it's a lot. But it is a good distraction, she had no idea an hour had gone by.

After working for a few more minutes, Tillie hops up, deciding to take a break. Rummaging through her snacks, she decides to continue another tradition that her parents had.

Every year, as soon as Tillie was old enough to help in the kitchen, she'd help her mom make brownies on Christmas. They'd usually get messy and have flour everywhere, and then her dad would come in and snap a few photos.

When she lost her parents, all traditions died with them. In the weeks leading up to Halloween, Tillie no longer worked on homemade costumes, because her mom was the sewing expert. During Thanksgiving, the day was no longer spent in the kitchen, cooking right up until the moment it was time to sit down for dinner.

Her birthday is on July 4th, but she no longer went to watch fireworks. So many things she loved, and when her parents died it was like she wanted them to stop.

But taking out the small box of Christmas decorations and putting them up around her apartment, it made her feel good. And she could almost imagine her parents there with her.

Tillie puts her favorite Spotify playlist on and finds herself actually having fun, despite being by herself.

Once the brownies are out of the oven, she decides to work on the Lego set a little more while she waits for the brownies to cool.

"Ow, what the—" Tillie lifts her foot up and sees that she's managed to somehow step on one of the little Lego people, causing its left arm to come off. "Damn it."