Guess Whos Back

It had been a week since Y/n had sent her last letter. She's expecting a letter back today, she was waiting for Pico by her window. She smiled when the familiar bird came into her view. He landed right on her arm. Y/n gave him his usual pats and scratches and kisses before taking the note. The girl was excited to read it. As she was reading her face fell, all she read were things that señora Julieta wrote to help out. Camilo had written nothing. She looked at Pico before speaking.

"Maybe he just didn't want to get in the way? Rest up Pico, as usual help yourself to anything yummy you find cariño." Y/n said before she kissed his beak. She sent him off before she walked out of her room. She walked downstairs while running her hand along the railing.

"Papi! Señora Julieta sent a letter!" She called as she walked into the main room. She saw her father sitting on a couch reading as usual.

"What's it say?" He asked as he put his book to the side.

"I don't really know. I was just looking for Camilos part but he didn't write anything this week.." she said with a frown as she sat next to her dad. She handed him the letter and waited for him to finish reading it.

"Sooo?" Y/n asked as she inched closer. Her father sighed before rubbing his face.

"She cant risk writing it in a letter and have Pico send it. I need to go and discuss things." Sebastian said before standing up. Y/n perked up at his words.

"Can i go?" She asked before standing.

"Y/n-."

"Please papi I'll be on my best behavior. I'll help and."

"You can go."

"But papi please- oh! Really?!" Y/n said with sparkling eyes.

"Yes, you can go. I know how much you miss your friends." Sebastian said as he started to walk up to his room.

"Now pack your bags, we leave tonight."

Camilo was sitting on the edge of the bridge looking down at his family  the river. He let out a sigh before he heard a shuffle next to him.

"Penny for your thought primo?" Mirabel asked as she leaned into the bridge next to Camilo. The boy sighed before leaning his head back.

"Do you think she'll be upset because I didn't write anything?" He asked as he looked up at the sky.

"Well, on one hand she asked for information about my mom and her gift and stuff on the other she still wrote you and asked about you. All you sent was my moms letter, so what do you think?" Mirabel asked as she rinsed out her hair.

"I miss her. I should've wrote something-."

"Camilo! Hey!" The boy felt arms wrap around him from behind. He smiled before he turned around and picked up Natalia.

"Hola hermosa! What have you been up to?" He asked before he set her down. Mirabel rolled her eyes with a scoff before crossing her arms.

"Well, I heard you were down here at the river and so I decided to make you a fruit cup! Oh! Hi Mirabel! Sorry I didn't have enough to make you one, even though we all know you need it. Maybe next time tho!" Natalia said with a smile. Mirabel stood there shocked before speaking.

"And you look like- WHOA!" Mirabel said as a vine wrap around her waist before she was pulled down back to the river. She splashed into the water before groaning.

"Anyway handsome, I heard you and Mirabel talking about someone. Care to share?" Natalia asked while handing the fruit cup to Camilo.

"Yeah, her names Y/n. She moved here for a while to meet us because her family is also gifted- well were gifted. She had to move back because there was a problem with their magic at home. While they were here we got along really really well. We ended up catching feelings for each other, the day I asked her to be my girlfriend was the last day I saw her in person. She said no of course because well she couldn't be here. We started writing each other every week and had one of Antonio's birds send out letters." Camilo explained as she looked down at the fruit. His heart ached talking about Y/n. He missed her and of course still wanted to be with her but how could he if she wasn't here?