Chapter 19- Training

"I'm ordering everyone to stay at Malakai's whilst you're in training. Personally, I believe everyone needs training from what I have seen. Alright, Malakai, do you have enough rooms for some people from the King coven to stay?" my father asks my mate. 

"Of course sir. We have plenty rooms," Mal shakes his hand. 

I smile at Malakai, loving how is already changing so quickly. This is what mate ship is about; kindness, love, support. He is really demonstrating that. My next mission is to get Zachariah to actually like him, which may be a mission. However, anything is possible. Right? Dad makes a call whilst I go and get ready for another training session. Bryn walks in the room chirpily and plops down on the bed.

"Excited for training today?" she asks me.

Shrugging, I tie my hair up in a pony tail and stare at myself in the mirror. Should I be more excited than how I feel? Others would feel so frantic about the fact they are the queen of goddesses. However, if anything theres just dread. I could hardly handle killing a girl whom tried killing me in the first place. "Just another day," I say whilst walking out of the room. 

"Well, I'm training with you today," she excitedly says. "Tim will obviously be helping out too," she gushes about him. 

I sigh, feeling almost out of body right now. All I care about is protecting my family and future coven, therefore, this training is important to be and i dont need nor want any distractions. Bryn seems as if she would be a distraction at this very moment. Maybe, I should organise a more private training session with Mal. 

"Actually, Mal and I both decided earlier we are going to do private training together. We cant afford any distractions, so we decided this morning after a heated conversation with my father," i subtly lie. She looks shocked, I'm unsure as to whether she believes me or not. However, at this present moment i don't care. Everyone is depending on me. She doesn't say anything as I walk off to find my mate and father, I know they will be more intense on me. I hear the sound of my brothers voice and notice him standing by a girl with long blonde hair. She is beautiful, her skin is pale and looks as smooth as porcelain. Her long blonde straight hair frames her face with high cheekbones and rosy cheeks. Her smile is so vibrant as she laughs with my brother, his arm noticeably wrapped around her. 

Zach spots me and smiles, moving away from the blonde beauty. I smile back at him and accept his welcoming embrace which feels like home. "Lena, I brought my mate this time. I thought you would like to meet her?" he questions anxiously. 

I smile brightly and look over at her who is standing nervously, fiddling with her fingers. "Why didn't you introduce us earlier doofus?" I lightly slap him. He rolls his eyes and pulls me over to meet his mate and I feel nothing but excitement. 

"Lena, this is Bridget. Bridget, this is Lena," he introduces her. I squeal in excitement and pull her in for a welcoming hug, she hugs me back with just as much vigour. 

"I've heard so much about you, Zach was telling me about all the crazy things you did when you both were younger. Im glad I am mated to someone who is so connected and close to their family," she says. It warms my heart that my brother informs her of our past adventures, it shows he cares. 

"Aw. I have been so excited to meet you! I'm sure my best friend Bryn would love you so much. Oh my god, think of all the movie nights and dress ups!" I squeal in excitement. She expresses her enjoyment and we both continue our conversation until my father clears his throat to purposely interrupt us. 

"Lena, it is training time now," he orders. 

"Great! Dad, I really want to be focused so I was thinking of having a personal training session with you and Mal. I am sure you both will keep me focussed," I smile. He thinks for a moment and sighs, agreeing with me. I then follow him and Mal to a training room where no one will interrupt us. 

We train for hours, practising defence and offence tactics. I feel worn and I want to stop, however they continue the torturous training. "Lena, at this point they are going to capture you if you don't get your head in the game. Hit me, as hard as you can!" Mal orders grumpily.

"I am trying!" I cry. This is the exact reason I asked for a personal training session, yet, they insult me. Anger consumes me and before I can even think, his shirt is on fire. I widen my eyes and shake my head, trying to rid the anger. The fire dissipates and i stand still as my father and mate stare at me with shocked looks. My father hasn't seen my powers in action, but I think he has realised I don't have complete control. That is where I am most weak. 

"I think I'm going to have to call the head witch. You need training in relation to your powers just as much as your physical strength. I will go give her a call and you two can continue for another 30 minutes. Malakai? Go hard on her," my father insists. 

Mal smirks as my father leaves the room and removes his burnt shirt, which I feel awful about by the way. I stare at his rock hard abs and gulp, wanting to smother him with my own body. He holds his hands up in a defensive stance. I furrow my eyebrows, is he going to fight me? With his vampire strength while I just have some puny human strength. "What are you doing?" I question in confusion. 

"Come at me baby, with everything you have. You think you have the strength of a human, but I have heard the strength of a goddess is much powerful than the strength of any supernatural. You have to use your powers, I know you can do this. Let yourself free, let it consume you. Let your anger out and fight me Lena," he demands. 

I take a deep breath and close my eyes, letting my powers course through me which I never have done. I get myself in position and wait 3 seconds. I feel a surge of power run through me as i lunge at Malakai, I punch, I use the sudden strength I have to attack whilst he defends himself. We continue till I feel like I cannot breath. I drop to the ground, puffing and sweating. He falls down next to me and stares at my face, whilst I continue looking away. 

"Why are you staring? I grumble and look into his eyes. 

He smiles and moves the hair out of my face all the while I blink up at him. His brown almost black eyes look at every feature of my face and i suck in a harsh breath, feeling the tension in the air. I place my hands on his cheeks and bring his face down so his lips can meet my own. The kiss is gentle, caring and almost loving. He places a hand on my hip and rubs it whilst moving his lips in sync against my own. The door slams open and interrupts us, Mal snaps his head towards the door angrily at the interruption. 

"This is not what I wanted to walk in on!" Zach exclaims in distaste. 

Mal throws a glove at him which effectively hits his cheek. Well, now I will have to deal with the issue of my brother and mate hating each other. 

Wondering why a double update? Well, its my goal to finish this story by September. So please, comment, vote and follow. Thank you 

QueenK