Chapter six: Not everyone wants to live forever

"The thing about pain is that it demands to be felt."

Dear DiaryEverything is different here

Dear Diary
Everything is different here. People aren't rude to me, they don't pick on me and they certainly don't give me strange looks. Maybe people haven't realised that Lena King, daughter of Tyler and Shae King- is in fact a human.
I didn't know that a person whom was already lonely and an outcast, could feel more lonely than ever before.
I miss everyone. I miss every detail there was. I miss every rude person there is. I just miss everyone. Sure I was bullied at my old pack for being human but my family is there, I'm somewhere I don't want to be. But I don't get bullied here, maybe it's because they fear Malakai so much that they wouldn't dare to look me in the eye.
That is most likely correct.
Well, later diary,
Lena

"What are you doing?" I jump and snap the diary closed in a rush, I look up at Malakai- he is looking at the book I was just writing in with needy eyes. "What is that?" He touches the plain black thick diary, that has my secrets contained. Quickly, I snatch the book away and place it on my lap for safe keeping.

"None of your business," I firmly say, not batting an eyelash at him. "Haven't you heard the meaning of privacy and personal space?" I snap, wanting him to move away; he's too close for my liking. He doesn't even deserve to be in my presence after what he has done. And I'm sure he will just keep killing and killing and killing.

"Yes I have actually. But when it comes to my mate I don't need to give her personal space; I've been waiting for you for 800 years, love. So if you think I'm going to give you the tiniest bit of personal space then you are indeed, very wrong." 800 years old.... He is 800! You see what my mother and father did, well what most parents do when they are vampires is that they age a bit more. They age till they are about 35 so they look older than their children. It's common sense! "Now.... Timothy!" The guy named Timothy appears in only a second, he is tall and broad with brown locks and green eyes- pale skin as well.

"Sir," he firmly states, he looks at me briefly then looks back to Malakai. Malakai raises an eyebrow, a smirk tugging at the edge of his lips. Timothy bursts out laughing, "just kidding, Kai!" So they're friends?

"Well, Tim I was wondering if you could give her a little tour around the place while I do some of my work." Timothy nods as an answer, does he have a mate? Because I'm pretty sure Malakai wouldn't have trusted him if he didn't. Malakai bends down and grasps my wrist with his large hand, "don't do anything stupid."

He gives me a warning look then stands straight and walks away, I look at his friend; if he is mean.... "I'm Lena King," I mutter, standing up while holding my diary tightly in my hands. "Can we go back to the house so I can return this book first?" Timothy grins and nods, I smile and walk to Malakai's house.

Once I'm inside and I walk up the stairs to the room I'm staying in, I hide the diary under the mattress somehow and then I walk out following Timothy. "So how are you finding things here? Do you like this coven?" He asks politely.

I'm going to be straight up honest with him, "I hate this coven. I was forced here against my own will, Malakai killed people to force me to stay! How is this fair?" He runs a hand through his hair and nods.

"You know through his sick ways he has good intentions. All he wants is to protect you, he didn't think that he'd have a mate. Everyone was finding their mates at 100 and 200, but he is 800. So it was a relief when he found you, he needed you- he needs you. We all need you to change his dark ways, he has killed so many innocent people," he sighs sadly.

"I don't know if I can be what everyone wants me to be, I don't think I can do this. I'm just a puny human, weak and open minded. To the vampires that read minds, they will find that I'm like an open book; I'm not good enough or strong enough to lead a whole coven of vampires. Have you found your mate?" I huff, this coven is surrounded by thousands of dark oak trees with dark green leaves.

"No I haven't yet; I'm 200 by the way. And you aren't weak or puny, you're stronger than you look. You know what's weird? I can read everyone's mind but yours. There's some people out there who you just can't read because sometimes, they just don't feel anymore and that brings off a powerful wave. Someone who has been hurt so many times is hard to read, and you've been hurt too many times." He sadly looks up to the sky and shakes his head, "people can be so broken without anyone knowing. That's the crazy thing about it all."

"But the broken are masterpieces. They feel more pain than anyone else and they are so strong. The broken are the ones that have really lived," I whisper remembering the words I was told two years ago when I was found crying. "Life isn't fair, it's a cruel world. Why are people so afraid of dying when it's more peaceful than living?"

"Well, people are afraid they won't be in heaven with god. They're afraid they will go to hell for all of their sins, but God forgives everyone. People are also afraid of the amount of pain they will feel when they are dying, but it doesn't hurt. Death is peaceful, I should've been dead ," I smile, yes I do believe in God and there is nothing wrong with that.

"Then why aren't you really really dead? You're dead now but you aren't in the ground dead, so why not?" I ask, maybe he doesn't want to be here on this cruel earth either.

"Well Malakai has always been my best friend. And he didn't want to loose the person that made him feel alive, so he turned me into a vampire," Tim shrugs.

"But do you want to be a vampire?" I press on, he looks around the area then back at me.

"I've never wanted to be a vampire. We were all born to be human except Tyler King, ever since he was born people had eternity with each other. It hurts that I can't see my mum and dad, they're gone because I'm way older than them now. What I would give to just see them one more time, to say goodbye," he smiles in disappointment.

Now I know that not everyone wants to be a vampire. Not everyone wants to live forever. People just want to have a natural occurrence in their lives; death.

*
Hey guys, super sorry for the late update and this short chapter.

By the way, can you stop saying 'oh can this character be like this' is it your book? No. I make the decisions because it is my book.

Comment, vote and share!
Keely